[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!
Highlighted

I lost permission to control my playlist.

Casual Listener

Premium Family Plan

Device

iMac Desktop 2015

Operating System 10.14.6

Last night I did a security update to my Mac.

Security Update 202-002

When I went into Spotify and clicked on one of my playlist, the layout changed. The picture was on the right, and I had no "edit playlist" option under the three dots, nor could I alter the playlists details, like title or picture. I also couldn't reorder the songs. So basically my playlists are there, I just have no control over them.

I have reinstalled Spotify twice, and always the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.21.25 AM.png
Highlighted

Re: I lost permission to control my playlist.

Casual Listener
I meant picture on the left instead of on top.
Highlighted

Re: What happened to the sort feature?

Casual Listener

I found this feature because the were several websites, going back months and maybe a couple of years, telling how to sort by BPM to help runners keep their tempo. It was only in the web player. Now it's not in the web player OR in the desktop app OR the android app. 

Highlighted

My desktop version sometimes transforms into the web version and it's incredibly annoying.

Music Fan

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro Late 2017

Operating System

OSX 10.14.5

My Question or Issue

My spotify desktop player is the web player. I don't know what the **bleep** is going on but it switches back and forth between the web and desktop player, but it's mostly the web player. This means I can't:

Find albums after I click on them. Like, it disappears from the artist page. Here's a video for proof: https://streamable.com/rs9m2

See what friends are listening to

Search songs and click on them

sort my albums/library by artist or title

it's really annoying. what do i do.

Highlighted

Re: My desktop version sometimes transforms into the web version and it's incredibly annoying.

Hey there @jjonnn

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Re: My desktop version sometimes transforms into the web version and it's incredibly annoying.

Music Fan
is there a way to disable this?
Highlighted

Roadie

hey @jjonnn,

i have the exact same issues. My discussion has been going on for a while now but none of these people (moderators or whatever) have actually come up with a solution. All they say is that this is a 'test' but i can't find anything about it. 

This whole thing is like a huge downgrade and i'm honestly getting kinda sick of this s*** now.

Some actual answers from them would be really helpful and not always these automated answers which say all the same thing but help nothing.

If you find a solution i would really appreciate your information.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Yup I’ve had spotify for 2 years but it might be time to move to Apple Music this is honestly so annoying. Can**bleep** with this “new” version and its ridiculous we can’t opt out

Highlighted

Composer
@jjonnn and @mcoutlook how did you two installed Spotify?
Highlighted

Roadie

i installed it in december via the spotify website (windows desktop version like years ago on my old pc) because i got a new (also windows) computer. it was all running fine until this happenend. then i deleted and reinstalled it via the webiste and via the link someone put in this discussion before, multiple times.

and no it has nothing to do with my pc because it was running fine on it for months until this s*** happened.

SUGGESTED POSTS