Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Since a few days i lost a few features which i would like to have back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Spotify.PNG
344 Replies

heres the other screenshot. it kinda bugs in my posts above.

image.png
image.png

you have the "bug" I don't know there's a thread about that. Which makes the desktop app look like a browser app

Thanks a bunch @mcoutlook for this very detailed summary!

Rest assured that all your info will be passed on to the relevant teams and that this is only the first version of the update and our developers will continue to work on it based on the feedback we receive from you and other users. 

We hope you continue enjoying Spotify 🎶

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

See new attachment, Ivan [already sent via e-mail]. Thaks for your hel. Kind regards. W.

Thank you for reaching out!

When can we expect the new official update and is there a way to get back to the old version in the meantime?

Thanks again!

I can answer this. They don’t know when an update is coming out and you can’t get the old version back.

So am i getting an answer on this or do you just keep ignoring it?

I'm getting really sick of this now. The app is just trash.

Also if you add songs to playlists it doesn't show you if it's a duplicate anymore.

I'm sticking with this version nearly two months and i want an information. It can't be that you need about 2 months to give further information. And the more important. WHY DO WE EVEN GET THOSE **bleep**ING TESTS AND CAN'T CHANGE THEM BACK EVEN WHEN IT'S GARBAGE LIKE THIS CURRENT VERSION?!

There will be a new update with a fix

okay i dont mean to be **bleep**ing rude but this is so **bleep**ing ridiculous- you literally brushed this very common issue under the rug. what the **bleep** is this? do you see this? i cant even **bleep**ing use this app. it's trash. i've done everything you've asked of me. i've reinstalled it cleanly. i've restarted my computer dozens of times. i've let it sit. these "random tests" are **bleep**ing stupid. can you please for the love of absolutely EVERYTHING fix it. im beyond annoyed with spotify right now. yk what? bet. i'll just take people from spotify and shove them to soundcloud. at least soundcloud doesnt have this**bleep**.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.08.29 AM.png

Bumping this because I am experiencing the same thing as well. Please put me OUT of the new UI for the Spotify Desktop.

Having the same problem, just made a new account with premium and i get this cheap client. It has to be a joke to force paying customers into participating in a beta test for a bad client/UI.

I HAVE SAME ISSUE AND IT CAN'T CHANGE! PLEASE HELP

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So my Spotify Desktop App updated for me last night when I restarted my computer, and now friend activity is unavailable, and I am no longer able to add covers to my playlists (it is not that covers aren't loading, the option just is no longer being given to me). I have tried logging out and logging back in, zooming out my display, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has changed. Is anyone else experienced this/know why this may be happening?

Ok so I seem to have found the answer myself, that I have been randomly selected to be part of an A/B Test for a new look for the app, and certain features are unavailable to me for the duration of this test. I would like to say that it is very upsetting that Spotify is testing it's product on it's paying customers, let alone without alerting them or giving an option to opt-out. I understand that a new update will come eventually to fix these problems, and that there is no way to go back to the old display, but this has been very frustrating for someone whose use of this app is very essential to my daily life.

welcome to the club guys. i'm sticking with this bs version nearly 2 months now without any information. this is by far the worst update i've ever experienced on anything. and the best thing is - they let you pay for it. testing the new updates on costumers without giving them an information or the opportunity to change, even if they are premium users, (or not it doesn't matter when the update is as shitty as this) is just rude. i never had issues with this app before and i was really a fan of it but this is just madness. as a non apple user i wish there was more competition for them out there.

Hi guys, I've been struggling with the same problem for some time. I was not able to revert back to the full windows version. Not sure if this will be permanent or whether it may revert back to the app store/web player version at some point. How I've done it is some kind of workaround and I completely agree that this is actually inacceptible from the spotify community service: to enforce users to play around with their operating system in order to fully use the features they are paying for.... 

anyway, so this is what I've done.

What did not work:

- uninstalling/installing with the installer you find on the website

- uninstalling/installing with the installer you find around the forum (SpotifyFullSetup)

What did work:

- using a setup file for an older spotify version found here (I used 1.0.85.259, make sure the one you download has a file size in MB, not KB)

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

- with this, it was possible to update spotify from within the software

- what I did in addition is disable the windows store app as described here:

https://www.avoiderrors.com/remove-windows-store-windows-10/

I am not sure whether this was essential for spotify to work though. There seem to be other methods of disabling the store (via registry and via group policy), see here:

https://windowsloop.com/disable-block-microsoft-store-windows-10/

Hope this works for some of you and gives you back the features we've all been missing. 

But again, I really want to highlight that from the perspective of spotify, this is really not how you should be dealing with your users... 

Hi guys, I had the same problem as same as yours and I fixed with a uninstall my Spotify desktop first. then I reinstall the previous version of Spotify which is 1.0.85.259. And now, I have old Spotify UI !

That's the only way you guys can be done for now until Spotify chose some A/B test killers from us.

I also created a new premium account and get the new bawbag of a UI for it.

If I log into the app using my normal account I get the Good UI. Log out and in with the new account and it's the pants version.

Not happy!

I've also been given this new update, in addition to what has already been mentioned - no social, playlist editing abilities, web player layout on desktop app etc - adding songs to playlists is much harder, and actually impossible if the playlist is located within a folder. No more support for local files is also a huge loss even though it didn't work 100% of the time and made the app slow down.  

This is worse than when messaging was taken off. Is the goal to just strip all functionality away from this app until we only listen to discover weekly playlists?? 

Plan - Premium

Country - Canada

OSX 10.15.4

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.25.21 AM.png

I'd just like to give some feedback on the new UI/App.
It sucks and is worse in every way compare to the old version. It's laggier, has more load times, play buttons on songs are smaller which makes it annoying to use, I can't edit playlist in any way except for moving songs manually, I can't change playlist covers, I can't see what my friends are listening to and for all of that there are no improvements. Iam seriously considering to change my service for music streaming because this is just annoying and clunky to use.

Suggested posts