Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Since a few days i lost a few features which i would like to have back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Spotify.PNG
344 Replies

yeah it's honestly really pathetic if this is supposed to be a new update.
also weird how it just affects very few people and we can't do anything about it and they don't even tell you anything about why it changed.
'it is to test new updates'. kinda sick of this now. this has been for about a month like this now and there is no information about it. good way to treat customers who pay for your service.

They probably have less staff rn to deal with this

just to push this again.. same here. tried to install different versions, automatically turned back to the normal windows version for some time, now it's back to the web player version...

Plan

Premium

Country

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the last update a few weeks ago, I've been unable to rearrange the sorting order of my playlists. On the previous versions there was an option to reorder the list after recently added, by title etc, but now there is no option what so ever to do this. 

Is this done deliberately, or is this something that will reappear in the future? If not, this is a dealbreaker.

Hi so I've made an idea page that @  suggested to do. Don't know if it would work but if everyone could like it so that would get more notice, that would be appreciated.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Other-Revert-the-Webplayer-downgrade-back-...

Hey there@SimenAlm!

Welcome to the Community, we'll be happy to help you out further.

Can you send us a screenshot of what the app looks like now from your end?

We'll also need to know your Spotify version and if you experience the same behavior after a clean reinstall of the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook air

Operating System

Apple macbook air

My Question or Issue

The other day I restarted my laptop and opened Spotify and the layout had completely changed. I can no longer see my friend activity on the sidebar, I can no longer follow people, when I search for my friends I can no longer see who they follow or their followers and I cant even change my playlist covers. I really need some help! ive tried re starting my laptop,  re installing the app logging in and logging out but nothing is working and I cant seem to get my old Spotify layout back! when I click in the top right corner to go to my account it just takes me directly to the Spotify website so I cant even view my profile. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.29.12 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.32.18 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.32.51 pm.png

@selbossi thanks a lot for this!

hope this helps because the moderators seem to not care about this in this thread i made.

As you can see i have no options to reorder the playlist. If i click on the three dots under the play button all my options are start radio, make secret, delete, copy playlist link. 

Uten 541.png

Hello @Tess_schuurmans

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, take a look at this Live Idea
If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates. 

Have a great day! 

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The newest update removed the ability to sort a playlist by song, artist, album, date. Bring it back.

So there was an error with my original idea and it had to be closed. I've fixed up the error and have reposted it. So again could everyone like it so that it can get more attention from the moderators, that would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the new one

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Other-Revert-the-Webplayer-downgrade-back-...

No longer visible [+ where music is played].
What can I do about it [technically]?

Country = Belgium - Premium user. 

Windows 10.

Plan

Premium

Country

Latvia

Device

windows

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Why in web view (chrome) in liked songs there is no search option? I can't start listening liked songs with one particular. If i have 700 songs than scrolling and looking for song i want to start listening is annoying. 

Capture.JPG

In web app there is, but in web view there is not.

Capture2.JPG

And second thing. 

In browser there is count of liked songs 🙂 , but in desktop app there is not :(. And would be nice if there in both places could be count of liked Artists and count of liked Albums.

And third thing.

In mobile app there is no count of songs too for playlist, liked artists, liked albums. At least there is for liked songs.

Hey there @MariusVA

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Do you mind describing in more detail the issue you're experiencing? It'd also be useful if you send us a screenshot showing what you see on your end. Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Good Morning [? Belgium], Ivan [ or.],

See the attachment. In better times [when clicking 'information'] both a
total [number] of views and places where the artist [in case our youngest
son with a new EP, so interesting] is most listened.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Willi

Hey @MariusVA

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We noticed there was no image attached to your previous response to us. Can you double-check and attach the screenshot once again? Then we'll be able to investigate the issue further. 

Keep us posted. 

Hey @spoonies_ and all of you here,

Just wanted to check if you were able to edit your playlist cover, as this should still be possible with the Desktop app.

In case you're still having trouble with that, do you mind performing a clean reinstall and trying one more time?

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could share the following details with us (if you haven't already), so we can have this looked into by our tech teams:

• The exact version of the Spotify app
  • Make and model of your desktop device and it's OS
  • A screenshot showing the playlist edit drop down menu

Thanks - We'll be looking out for your replies!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Xenia,

the problem is not only the playlist cover. version: 1.1.30.658

-you can't edit anything (name, cover image, description of the playlist)

-when you view an artists page you only see 5 songs and no statistics of the songs

- if you view an album and go back to the artists page the album diasappears like a screen record earlier in this discussion shows

-the programm is slow and laggy (poor performance in general), if you scroll through your plaliyst the songs take way longer to load...

- you can't view your own profile on the top right like before

- you can't view your own followers and other peoples followers

-the freind tab on the right is gone

image.png
image.png
image.png

i think this sums it all up pretty much.

just making a second post to add more screenshots.

but there have been all issues discussed in this feed already. this is just to sum it all up for you for a better analysis and hopefully a soon fix beacause as you can see from the screenshots and the discussion this version is pretty annoying and feels just cheap.

Thanks

Niclas

Suggested posts