Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Since a few days i lost a few features which i would like to have back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Spotify.PNG
344 Replies

Hey there @mcoutlook and folks,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

The best way to leave your feedback regarding a feature we're testing in the app is by sharing it in our Ideas Exchange as suggested in the Spotify Answer @Loxer shared above.

You can find more info on how to get started in this Spotify Answer.

As a tip, if you submit an idea, we'd recommend making sure that there's one change request per idea so other users can more easily add their support for the change they'd like to see in the app. 

You can also share the links to the ideas here in a post, so that other users seeing something similar can find them more easily.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I agree with @mcoutlook and don't really see what would be the "new feature". It rather feels like the windows spotify client was downgraded towards the win 10 store version / web app player version with less features. 

I would very much appreciate any feedback on how to change back to the proper win32 version. 

Hello Katerina,
i have no idea how to submit an idea (even after looking at the article) but i honestly think that this would be useless because while scrolling through other ideas and topics i don't see anyone else having this issue. Also i think if the version that i have right now is really going to be the new update there is going to be a lot of complaints.
I mean i can't really make an idea exchange for an update, or a new look or whatever this is, which nearly no one else has. I don't even know how to write it. 'Please don't make the update ??? which is currently testing on <5% or whatever of the users reality'? If no one else is having this test version then nobody will care about it for now.
In comparison to the older version this is just a big downgrade with basically no features.
And as sschueler says, any information on how or if we can get back to the older version would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok all of a sudden i have the old look back without doing anything...
Was that intended?

If yes then thank you very much!

i am also missing the friend activity column in my spotify client (version 1.1.29.592.gf0779179) on windows 10.

yesterday a restart brought the friend activity column back, but now is gone again and a restart of the client doesn't help anymore.

zooming out and resetting the zoom isn't helping either.

Hello,

normally you should have the option freind activity by clicking the dots in the top left under view where you can also change the zoom.

But with the version i had earlier discussed that option was not there either and if that is the case then i can't help you sorry.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop App, Web player, Android App

Operating System

Android 10 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was able to sort music by title, BPM, Artist, Etc. a couple of days ago but now I can't. Why did you remove that feature from the web player? Now, when using the web player, when I click on a playlist I can't sort using columns anymore. This feature isn't on the Desktop App either. This makes it impossible to create a playlist for BPM for training. 

Spotify Bug 1.jpg

Hey there @whteglve

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. ​​

This is one **bleep** of an improvement indeed 😛

Are you kidding me?
I started spotify today and all of a sudden it changed back to the crappier version, again.
What is this??

Premium Family Plan

Device

iMac Desktop 2015

Operating System 10.14.6

Last night I did a security update to my Mac.

Security Update 202-002

When I went into Spotify and clicked on one of my playlist, the layout changed. The picture was on the right, and I had no "edit playlist" option under the three dots, nor could I alter the playlists details, like title or picture. I also couldn't reorder the songs. So basically my playlists are there, I just have no control over them.

I have reinstalled Spotify twice, and always the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.21.25 AM.png

I meant picture on the left instead of on top.

I found this feature because the were several websites, going back months and maybe a couple of years, telling how to sort by BPM to help runners keep their tempo. It was only in the web player. Now it's not in the web player OR in the desktop app OR the android app. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro Late 2017

Operating System

OSX 10.14.5

My Question or Issue

My spotify desktop player is the web player. I don't know what the **bleep** is going on but it switches back and forth between the web and desktop player, but it's mostly the web player. This means I can't:

Find albums after I click on them. Like, it disappears from the artist page. Here's a video for proof: https://streamable.com/rs9m2

See what friends are listening to

Search songs and click on them

sort my albums/library by artist or title

it's really annoying. what do i do.

Hey there @jjonnn

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

is there a way to disable this?

hey @jjonnn,

i have the exact same issues. My discussion has been going on for a while now but none of these people (moderators or whatever) have actually come up with a solution. All they say is that this is a 'test' but i can't find anything about it. 

This whole thing is like a huge downgrade and i'm honestly getting kinda sick of this s*** now.

Some actual answers from them would be really helpful and not always these automated answers which say all the same thing but help nothing.

If you find a solution i would really appreciate your information.

Yup I’ve had spotify for 2 years but it might be time to move to Apple Music this is honestly so annoying. Can**bleep** with this “new” version and its ridiculous we can’t opt out

@jjonnn and @mcoutlook how did you two installed Spotify?

i installed it in december via the spotify website (windows desktop version like years ago on my old pc) because i got a new (also windows) computer. it was all running fine until this happenend. then i deleted and reinstalled it via the webiste and via the link someone put in this discussion before, multiple times.

and no it has nothing to do with my pc because it was running fine on it for months until this s*** happened.

Suggested posts