[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Hey there @mcoutlook and folks,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

The best way to leave your feedback regarding a feature we're testing in the app is by sharing it in our Ideas Exchange as suggested in the Spotify Answer @Loxer shared above.

You can find more info on how to get started in this Spotify Answer.

As a tip, if you submit an idea, we'd recommend making sure that there's one change request per idea so other users can more easily add their support for the change they'd like to see in the app. 

You can also share the links to the ideas here in a post, so that other users seeing something similar can find them more easily.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I agree with @mcoutlook and don't really see what would be the "new feature". It rather feels like the windows spotify client was downgraded towards the win 10 store version / web app player version with less features. 

I would very much appreciate any feedback on how to change back to the proper win32 version. 

Highlighted

Roadie

Hello Katerina,
i have no idea how to submit an idea (even after looking at the article) but i honestly think that this would be useless because while scrolling through other ideas and topics i don't see anyone else having this issue. Also i think if the version that i have right now is really going to be the new update there is going to be a lot of complaints.
I mean i can't really make an idea exchange for an update, or a new look or whatever this is, which nearly no one else has. I don't even know how to write it. 'Please don't make the update ??? which is currently testing on <5% or whatever of the users reality'? If no one else is having this test version then nobody will care about it for now.
In comparison to the older version this is just a big downgrade with basically no features.
And as sschueler says, any information on how or if we can get back to the older version would be appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted

Roadie
Ok all of a sudden i have the old look back without doing anything...
Was that intended?

If yes then thank you very much!
Highlighted

i am also missing the friend activity column in my spotify client (version 1.1.29.592.gf0779179) on windows 10.

yesterday a restart brought the friend activity column back, but now is gone again and a restart of the client doesn't help anymore.

zooming out and resetting the zoom isn't helping either.

Highlighted

Roadie

Hello,

normally you should have the option freind activity by clicking the dots in the top left under view where you can also change the zoom.

But with the version i had earlier discussed that option was not there either and if that is the case then i can't help you sorry.

What happened to the sort feature?

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop App, Web player, Android App

Operating System

Android 10 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was able to sort music by title, BPM, Artist, Etc. a couple of days ago but now I can't. Why did you remove that feature from the web player? Now, when using the web player, when I click on a playlist I can't sort using columns anymore. This feature isn't on the Desktop App either. This makes it impossible to create a playlist for BPM for training. 

Spotify Bug 1.jpg
Highlighted

Re: What happened to the sort feature?

Hey there @whteglve

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. ​​

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Re: What happened to the sort feature?

Composer

This is one **bleep** of an improvement indeed 😛

Highlighted

Roadie
Are you kidding me?
I started spotify today and all of a sudden it changed back to the crappier version, again.
What is this??
SUGGESTED POSTS