Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Date Added (computer mode)

[Desktop][Playlists] Date Added (computer mode)

Now that you've updated computer mode, it's hard to make sure that you can flip the date added column. There used to be a specific column with the date it was added on computer mode, and now that's completely gone. So when you put it to sort by date added on computer mode, it makes it so the most recent is at the bottom. You can't view it at the top. You can do this on your iPhone, and it used to be this way on the computer until April 9th, 2021. I'd really like to see this added back immediately as it's my favorite way to look at my playlists and edit them. This really hinders my Spotify experience.

7 Replies

Hello there, I totally agree with xxlizziexx108, I miss the function of the old days when I was able to listen to my playlists with the latest song added at the the top of the playlist, not at the end ;o((((

Could this please be reinstalled as soon as please, pretty please?

Thank you!!

Manou4ever

I would also love to see the date added - that column went away with the update and I'd love to be able to add it back in settings

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.03.33 AM.png

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! We'll gladly provide you with a bit more info.

The Date Added column is still available but you need to view the app in a bit bigger window to get it. 

You can try re-sizing your window or opening the app full screen. It should look like this:

Elena_0-1620383701671.png

Let us know if you have trouble with this and what exactly you see and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This isn't a sufficient answer. Date added isn't available on collaboration playlists anymore.

Hey there @xxlizziexx108

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As @Elena mentioned, in order to see the Date added column, you'd need to enlarge your window or maximize it. No worries, this also applies for Collaborative playlists.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni, I am on two collaborative playlists.  On one of them I can sort songs by date added, but on the other one I cannot (nor is it an option in the sorting dropdown menu within the app/playlist), even when I have the app window maximized to fill the entire screen and close the sidebars.  Any ideas?  I was able to sort by date added on this specific collaborative playlist previously, right up until this morning, but when I closed the app and opened it back up and went to that playlist a little later in the day, the ability to sort by date added had disappeared but again, it was only on this specific collaborative playlist.  It has a "custom sort" option in the dropdown and this does sort it by date added, but it only goes the one direction, so that I have to scroll to the very bottom of the playlist to see the most recently added songs.  There is no option to toggle it and have the most recent ones appear at the top of the playlist.  A bit inconvenient when said playlist has a few thousand songs in it lol

Hi there @cindasana,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

I just checked from my side and everything seems to be working correctly. Once you select to Sort the playlist by Date Added, you can click on the same option to change the order. So you go to Sort by > Select Date added once > Select Date added again to change the direction. Once you do, a green arrow pointing up or down will show up right next to Date added

Date added 1.png   Date added 2.png

If it's not working for you, try logging out and back twice in a row. If that doesn't do the trick, then we'd recommend reinstalling the app to check if that helps.

Lastly, if the issue persists, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts