Desktop Spotify STOPPED WORKING for Windows 7 ???

Highlighted

Desktop Spotify STOPPED WORKING for Windows 7 ???

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Desktop Windows

Operating System

Windows 7

So, a couple days ago my Spotify stopped playing tracks. I'll press play and the whole software will basically freeze. When I open the Task Manager, I see four or five instances of Spotify.exe running.

I'll close the Desktop app and try opening again, but it gives me a warning: "The Spotify application is not responding". I have to close each of the five Spotify.exe on my Task Manager before I can open it again.

In the past three days I've tried restarting the computer multiple times and uninstalling/reinstalling the Spotify Desktop app multiple times. I've looked through these message boards for possible solutions, but none of them worked (including the notepad/hosts thing, unplugging my sound card, changing sound device settings, etc).

In one of the threads, I saw a board member mention that he was having the same problem and only got it working again when he upgraded to Windows 8. But I shouldn't have to upgrade just because of a bug on the Spotify software, right?

If any of the actual Spotify people read these boards, could you clarify whether you guys are working to fix this? And if this is a users-only board, how do I reach the company to demand a solution?

I have a Spotify subscription and I'd like to know if I'm wasting my money on a non-working product.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Desktop Spotify STOPPED WORKING for Windows 7 ???

Hey @YellowCalx333,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've created a separate Ongoing Issue thread where we're gathering info from users regarding this issue.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to head over there and leave the requested info.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS