[Desktop] White Boxes after update

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

(Windows 11)

My Question or Issue

White boxes have started showing up around my Spotify player. This has only started after the update. Does anyone know a fix?

astroace_0-1652447272038.png

you can see one in the top right corner, but they come in varying sizes across varying parts of my screen.

34 Replies

yea im getting this too on windows 10 after an update today need a fix

Same here, started today

I have the same thing but I have multiple boxes and the buttons behind mine show and work (I am running Windows 10)

Yeah,  I'm having the same problem

Having the same problem here as well. Needs patched because it's very annoying.

Exactly the same here, as I move my cursor the white boxes are changing places.

Fix it please 🙂

c090e0179409fc7c536d2e25f2a8549b.png

having the same issue but on windows 10

Same issue here. Seems to be no prerequisite for it, can appear immediately after restarting the app or computer.

Getting it too, Windows 10. So annoying.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We get that you've started to experience this situation on your desktop apps after a recent update of the desktop app.  Could you confirm if this is still occurring for any of you? If yes, please all who experience this to share with us their current Spotify version number, besides the OS version on your desktop devices. What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end? This information is very important for us to be able to advise you better, and also if need be to pass it on to the folks backstage, who can then take a closer and investigate the situation.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've attempted an app reset via Windows Settings, and uninstalling/reinstalling the application the issue sadly continues to persist.

Spotify Version: 1.185.895.0

OS Version: 21H2

OS Build: 22000.675

I am using Spotify for Windows 1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

and I am running Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎13/‎02/‎2022 OS build 19044.1706 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

To get rid of the problem I find that closing and reopening it fixes it. It also started when I updated Spotify.

Has also been happening to me. I must've first noticed this a few weeks ago. Not sure how to reproduce it, but it occurs rather often. I also tried a fresh install a couple days ago along with deleting the LocalAppData folder. The boxes clear themselves sometimes during that same instance of the app running.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2021
OS build 19044.1706
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

mv47_0-1652969765435.png

Also having problems, managed to get a video of how the white squares move and stuff with the cursor, which I will add if needed. Doesn't happen too often and goes away by changing the pane (sometimes) but very strange. 

Spotify  for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
os build 19043.1706

I think I started having this problem yesterday but it is always white boxes almost like ad popupps, looks exactly like the picture previously shown. I am also experiencing it moving frequently depending on cursur placement

I'm having the same issue with the latest Spotify desktop client. It's happened a few times since around last week I wanna say. Windows 10

I'm still having this Issue. 
I have re-installed spotify many times and have also tried installing the windows store and online version.
My os version is windows 11 and spotify version is Spotify for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

Still getting it and not getting fixed spicetify is also broken so i cant escape from this 

Still occuring for me too.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8

Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
OS build 19044.1706

Suggested posts