Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code -7

Solved!

Error Code -7

I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message: 

Spotify failed to load application content (error code -7). Please verify that you have an internet connection and try again.

My internet is functional and I can load webpages, but it will not connect to the program. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem, including:

• Restarting the computer
  • Disconnecting the Wi-Fi and reconnecting
  • Uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling
  • Running the program as an Administrator

None of these have worked and I continue to get the same message. I can't even find an instance of someone else receiving this error code, which is why I decided to ask for help here. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

67 Replies

I am using Mac and also had this problem, selected no proxy and resolved issue - thanks

I disabled Windows Firewall, ended the 3 programs by spotify, then I tried to start it again and got a pop-up stating "The Spotify application is not responding." Jesus, if I have to jump through hoops to give them money through ads, I'm going with Pandora,

Where are the **bleep**ing Spotify folks to clear this up for us? No help at all....

(PORTUGUESE BELOW - EM PORTUGUÊS ABAIXO)

I was having the same problem, and I solved it this way:
Access spotify website and log in with your facebook account, as it was my first access, it requested me to create a spotify community username. I did it then accessed my account settings, clicked on "Set a password for your devices".
It will give you a big code, which I didn't even have to use, after that I tried to log in again with facebook account and it worked.

Hope this is helpful to you guys.

Em português pros brasileiros que estiverem passando por isso tbm

Acesse o site do spotify e faça login com o facebook. Como era meu primeiro acesso, o site me pediu pra criar um nome de usuário da comunidade do spotify. Eu fiz e então acessei as configurações do meu perfil, e cliquei em "Definir senha de dispositivo".

Ele te fornece um código enorme com letras e número, que eu nem mesmo cheguei a usar. Depois de gerar esse código, eu tentei acessar de novo com o facebook e consegui.

spotify 1.png
spotify 2.png

I just started having this problem on my spotify application. I've been using spotify on the wifi at my school for 4 years now, and it randomly stopped connecting. I tried logging out and then I couldn't log back in. I click on the log in with facebook and it takes me to the connecting to spotify page, then back to spotify with the Error code 7 message. I tried un-installing and re-installing spotify and that didn't help. When I try to connect to the web player It just loads forever and doesnt work either. My facebook and email that I used for my facebook are both still in use. what do I do?

update:

I can't play music on spotify on my phone either. It plays for about 6 seconds and then stops and says it has no internet connection even though I am connected the internet. This is the same way it started on my computer.

Encountered the problem today (with Spotify Desktop App under Windows 10 64bits). I think the problem does not come from my Network or computer settings. As this is only encountered with the Spotidy app I think this is clearly a Spotify bug. 

The problem seems to be linked to the proxy settings, here is how I solved it : 

• Logout 
  • Go to preferences and set Proxy Settings to No (if you need to set proxy settings perhpas set it to No first, validate, re-enter your settings and validate again) ; 
  • Then try to login with Facebook in my case it failed for unknow reasons at first 
  • (strange but this is what I did) Login with Facebook on Google Chrome on www.spotify.com 
  • Then try to login again on Spotify Desktop, then it works.

Hope this helps.

And? is there any explanation for this!! I Need to listen to some MUSIC! 

Well, I have the same issue as you guys have here, but I can solved this problem. The only one you need is  redownloaded the installer at spotify.com and install it again on your computer. It's so easy, I think all this app need is just update its newest version, because I have the spotify 2 when its unaccesable, but when I redownloaded & installed it to spotify 5, it's work well again.

I was able to resolve this problem thanks to the posts here. BIG THANKS GUYS. 

And for spotify team, **bleep** you dudes! If you have this many people paying premium you should have some support. 

Try to go too you're account overview and check you're subscription if its okey. Then "press sign out everywhere" in the bottom. then exit the application in you're windows then try running it again and log in via fb or you're account. This FIXED mine. leave a kudos if it works 😉

Touché" I finally got mine working after s lot of Messing about.
See Apple Music is same pricing and 6 family members.
3 month free trial, might try that if issues with Spotify continue.
Support is non existent here?

I was having a problem like this too, so I tried my iOS app, and it was doing the same thing. So I checked a site status reporter, and it showed that Spotify was down. I just waited awhile and my service came back up.

I was getting this recently, when trying to login via Facebook.

This fix worked for me.

At the login screen, select View > Hardware Acceleration. After Hardware Acceleration was turned off, Facebook login would successfully work.

Try disabling your firewall or try another network to see if its a network issue first. 

Heres what worked for me:
I reinstalled and then couldnt log in at all. So i hammered enter like 200 times from desperation... it worked. No joke mb u should try this

PLS nothing helped what can i do???

You need to make sure that what ever network you are using is allowing your device tcp port 4070 and that you are allowed to go to any IP address.
Marked as solution

[SOLVED] For Mac Os

Quit Spotify and clear your browser cookies first then remove all DNS settings from your network connection.

The finel step is open terminal and administrator mode (sudo su) 

Type this  line 

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

Now open Spotify and login 

Actually I've had the same problem. As it turned out, Windows Defender messed up the things after I've ran a casual run on it. 

First I turned off defender temporarly to see if anything changed. Surprise: I could finally log in and although first it told me that I should go online, in 10 sec it actually realized that I freakin am.

After it I turned Defender back on, and now it doesn't seem to have any problems with it.

In the future, if it happens to me again, I'll probably add Spotify to the exclusions in Defender, and that's it.

Hope I could help some of you, because I know this whole stuff can be pretty much devastating.

Suggested posts