Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home Alone, issues in desktop Windows 10

Solved!

Home Alone, issues in desktop Windows 10

I have been using the paid version for many years and for a couple of years I have been having several problems with the beloved application, I have made many possible solutions within my reach and sometimes I have preferred to give up, but now I am a little desperate, thinking that the best thing to do is to have the music on another platform or even have it illegally (no bugs).

The current problem is the following: in the desktop version (updated) does not show me anything in the START option to start any search, I already verified that it was updated, that my internet is working properly, and no fireward blocks the application, I'm playing the music I have in my libraries, but literally I can not even see the music catalog or any content because it appears that "could not find this page do you want to search for something else?" , which is something silly because I have not even been able to perform the search, I hope this time if you can give me a successful solution, greetings to the development team and this beautiful community!😀

P.D. There is still the problem that when changing songs using the multimedia functions of the keyboard in Windows 10 skips uncontrollably multiple songs, I see in a support post that responded to someone that it would be fixed in the next update and well pfff I've been waiting quite some time to get to see that supposed update. ;v

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had to use the clean install, and I added exceptions in the firewall ...The problem I now have again (for a while now too ) is that you can't download offline music in the windows 10 desktop app... I must have about 1500 songs at most on my devices, and it just stays in the downloading state and doesn't go from there , so now I will search in the community if someone has been able to solve this problem.... I hope someone else can use it, I thank the moderation for the intention to help, but it was not necessary to clean my host file as there was no block to spotify, greetings!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @TonnyCks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This is so we don't repeat anything and know where to start.

Additionally, could you send us a screenshot of the error you're seeing on your end and let us know if this is only happening in the Search page of the app?

Lastly, let us know the exact Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for replying, as I said before "the latest version". but it turns out that now that I made the post in the day out of nowhere I started to skip songs and well I decided to log out and it turns out that I can no longer log in supposedly because I have a proxy which is silly on the part of the application, I have deactivated all the firewalls and nothing... I guess I will have to reinstall Spotify from scratch and download again my offline music, THANK YOU Spotify for making me spend my internet data that the ISP I have charges me for each Bits...  I'm actually recording for a video, and it is very frustrating that this happens right now ....

Log error number 16....

😐

Hey @TonnyCks,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You can try clearing your hosts file by following the steps you'll find in this article. Even though the title of that post is for a different topic, you'll find the steps to follow after scrolling down a bit.

If there are no lines to clear, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, apart from sending us the video, remember to let us know the exact version number of the app you're running. You can find it by clicking on the 3-dot menu in the upper left corner of the app > Help > About Spotify.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

I had to use the clean install, and I added exceptions in the firewall ...The problem I now have again (for a while now too ) is that you can't download offline music in the windows 10 desktop app... I must have about 1500 songs at most on my devices, and it just stays in the downloading state and doesn't go from there , so now I will search in the community if someone has been able to solve this problem.... I hope someone else can use it, I thank the moderation for the intention to help, but it was not necessary to clean my host file as there was no block to spotify, greetings!

Suggested posts