Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you find podcasts?

Solved!

How do you find podcasts?

I read that in addition to video Spotify now has podcasts, but where are they on the desktop version? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Podcasts can be now found:

• By tapping Search and then tapping on the Podcasts tile on mobile and tablet devices
  • By clicking Browse > Podcasts on the desktop app 
  • By clicking Home > Podcasts on the Web Player

There's more info and tips on this support site article.

If you're having troubles finding them with these steps, we'd recommend making sure that they are available in your location. If they are, a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps in this Spotify Answer should do the trick. 

Don't hesitate to start a new thread in the related Help Board if you need help or have questions. We'll be happy to lend a hand!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

93 Replies

At the moment, video and podcasts are not available on the desktop. I don't believe any announcements have been made yet regarding availability on platforms outside of iPhone and Android. More details here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's a bummer. I was hoping to make spotify my 1-stop music solution instead of switching between itunes & spotify all the time on desktop and podcast lounge & spotify on my phone.

I cant even find them on the Iphone  version.

Hey @jckinnick

Let me take a look with you.

To find them on iPhone, just head into the menu bar and tap 'Shows'. Do you see it? If not, could you let us know the version of Spotify that you're using at the moment? (Spotify > Settings > About Spotify)

I'd love to help.

Back on topic...is a podcast feature being considered for desktop?

Hey @user-removed

We don't have any information on this just yet, but I'll be sure to pass your requests onto the developers.

In the meantime, show your support for the idea in our Ideas Board on this Community. Our developers often use the ideas suggested here for future updates. The more Kudos your idea receives, the better!

Thanks again.

Jason.

@Jason Shows aren't appearing in the menu for me either! Either this feature isn't working yet, or there's a bug preventing it from displaying!

I'm running V 3.7.0.1100 on iOS 8 (iPhone 5s).

The "Shows" section is not showing up for me either. On n iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.4.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your interest.

These new features are rolling out slowly on iOS and Android over the coming weeks.

Initially, this'll be in the UK, US, Sweden and Germany, but we're working on having more countries available soon.

If you're not seeing them just yet, stay tuned!

Where will I find podcasts when they are rolled out?

I don't see Shows either. running v 3.8.0.1169 on iPhone 6

@Jason wrote:

Hey @user-removed

We don't have any information on this just yet, but I'll be sure to pass your requests onto the developers.

In the meantime, show your support for the idea in our Ideas Board on this Community. Our developers often use the ideas suggested here for future updates. The more Kudos your idea receives, the better!

Thanks again.

Jason.

Really?!? You don't consider having a consistent set of features over all supported platforms a priority? We need to beg the developers and bribe them with kudos for feature parity? Come on Spotify! Get your act together and do the obvious right thing!

More than three monts after podcasts were launched on iOS, and Android still doesn't have the feature and you are not even considering it for the desktop?!?! Podcasts for the desktop app it's not an idea, it's a missing feature that needs to be addressed asap! I don't even dare to mention the smart tv app at this point. I assume it's a lost cause! It would never get the amount of kudos needed for your developes to even consider it!

Good job Spotify! Continue to support your subscribers like this in the future and you will undoubtly get very far!

i can't stress enough the magnitude of shame developers should be having right now for failing to implement a zillion year old internet perk for music lovers into a program thats function is to play streaming music. it's also funny not to be able to use a feature, which had been supported by even the beta versions of winamp, in this year and time.

it can't be that hard. that's why you are paid for.

I'm on the i-phone and still dont see a podcast feature on my app or on the mac osx desktop version...

If you ask Spotify when they'll have it they'll only say, "soon."

Hi! I have version 4.0.0.919 and I can not find the video or podcast that Spotify now has ..please help!

I'm using the Spotify app v 4.0.0.919 on iOS v 9.0.2, still no 'Shows' option on the main menu, where itssupposed to be - but hey, at least I can fill the void with K-Pop while waiting for the developers to figure out podcasts - smh!  Come on man, how can you screw this up.  This could make such difference, which noone else is really doing well at this point - good curated podcasts, right?!?  You've got the hype, you've made the announcement ... push it out already!

Shows were annouced in May and still have not been implemented. I'm using version 4.0.0.919 on iOS 9.0.2. This is the feature I've been waitng for and have kept my account active. This will be my last month though if Shows are not available near my renew date.

So when can we offically call this vaporware?

Suggested posts