How do you find podcasts?

Solved!
Highlighted

How do you find podcasts?

jckinnick
Roadie

I read that in addition to video Spotify now has podcasts, but where are they on the desktop version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How do you find podcasts?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Podcasts can be now found:

• By tapping Search and then tapping on the Podcasts tile on mobile and tablet devices
  • By clicking Browse > Podcasts on the desktop app 
  • By clicking Home > Podcasts on the Web Player

There's more info and tips on this support site article.

If you're having troubles finding them with these steps, we'd recommend making sure that they are available in your location. If they are, a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps in this Spotify Answer should do the trick. 

Don't hesitate to start a new thread in the related Help Board if you need help or have questions. We'll be happy to lend a hand!

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
93 Replies

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

At the moment, video and podcasts are not available on the desktop. I don't believe any announcements have been made yet regarding availability on platforms outside of iPhone and Android. More details here.

dinomightRock Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

gha1
Casual Listener

That's a bummer. I was hoping to make spotify my 1-stop music solution instead of switching between itunes & spotify all the time on desktop and podcast lounge & spotify on my phone.

jckinnick
Roadie

I cant even find them on the Iphone  version.

Jason
Spotify Legend

Hey @jckinnick

Let me take a look with you.

To find them on iPhone, just head into the menu bar and tap 'Shows'. Do you see it? If not, could you let us know the version of Spotify that you're using at the moment? (Spotify > Settings > About Spotify)

I'd love to help.

gha1
Casual Listener

Back on topic...is a podcast feature being considered for desktop?

Jason
Spotify Legend

Hey @gha1

We don't have any information on this just yet, but I'll be sure to pass your requests onto the developers.

In the meantime, show your support for the idea in our Ideas Board on this Community. Our developers often use the ideas suggested here for future updates. The more Kudos your idea receives, the better!

Thanks again.

Jason.

andrewdenty
Casual Listener

@Jason Shows aren't appearing in the menu for me either! Either this feature isn't working yet, or there's a bug preventing it from displaying!

I'm running V 3.7.0.1100 on iOS 8 (iPhone 5s).

mrenduch
Casual Listener

The "Shows" section is not showing up for me either. On n iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.4.

Adam_B
Roadie

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your interest.

These new features are rolling out slowly on iOS and Android over the coming weeks.

Initially, this'll be in the UK, US, Sweden and Germany, but we're working on having more countries available soon.

If you're not seeing them just yet, stay tuned!

SUGGESTED POSTS