Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Option Disappeared

Solved!

Local Files Option Disappeared

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Lenovo Legion Y520

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

I can't find "local files" option in settings with the last update, did they remove this option?

spotifylocalfiles.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for giving this a try and for the info.

It looks like what you're experiencing is a test we're running. You can take a look at this Spotify Answer to learn more about Spotify tests versions.

If you have feedback about this test, feel free to go ahead and create an Idea on the relevant idea board.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration when it comes to improving the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. 

Hope this info helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @kingslayerm!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the question.

Can you try reinstalling the app with the steps here, just make sure you download it again form the Microsoft store?

If the app still looks the same after the reinstall, feel free to let us know your Spotify version and we'll investigate further.

Keep us in the loop and have a lovely day! 

ElenaModerator

Nope, it's still the same. I tried to downgrade it but it automatically upgrades it back to the latest version. My Spotify version is 1.129.592.0.

Marked as solution

Thanks for giving this a try and for the info.

It looks like what you're experiencing is a test we're running. You can take a look at this Spotify Answer to learn more about Spotify tests versions.

If you have feedback about this test, feel free to go ahead and create an Idea on the relevant idea board.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration when it comes to improving the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. 

Hope this info helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator

Ok then, I hope I can get this feature back. Thanks for help.

This isn't a solution. You're basically telling him "sucks to be you." Why even remove the local files option when "testing a new version"? That's been an option millions of people loved. That's just dumb.

I don't have much to do I guess. Can't downgrade Spotify or anything.

Wow, just deleting a feature without even telling people or giving them a option to go back...

Hi Elena,

I've been a spotify premium member for years and been having many issues with this service lately to the point I am really considering cancelling it and going with a different streaming company. Why would they remove a great option for songs that aren't available, is this something they are planning on giving back? an update is supposed to mean improvement rather than taking additonal features specially for a service that we are paying for. Could you please provide any other information on this? 

Thanks!

This is tremendously unhelpful. Because of this test, I can't turn off this option. Because I can't turn off this option I can't solve this problem:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Can-t-stop-Spotify-from-auto-downloading-OneDrive/t...

Where Spotify downloads any and all audio files it can find on my system. I'd rather not "suggest an idea". I want a version of the app that I have control over.

This is utterly ridiculous and who ever thought of doing this should be removed from the company tbh, I really hope this goes more public and you guys' reputation gets really bad so you guys understand that what your doing is straight up dumb and unprofessional. 

Worst idea in the history of ideas to be honest. You are taking away key features from users without even consulting them while others still have them. Sort and Local files is a huge part of why I use spotify if they are taken away there is no point in me using this service.

I am also experiencing the same problem. These, seemingly involuntary, "tests" are a really bad idea and I'm honestly not sure what you guys were thinking when implementing them. I have not signed up to some stupid "test" and I am paying for full access to all features!

Same problem here. The strange thing is that spotify now only finds 2 local files in my playlist, but I have at least 200 local songs in my playlistst. I can't add any songs from my HD because Spotify put me up for some kind of test? Pffttt..... What a losers. I got a premium membership paid by my internet provider, but I will them about the bad sevices of spotify.

*Just got a reply from Spotify services and they said that local files are no longer supported at this time.

I've the same problem. I was considerating to migrate from Google Play Music to Spotify but if we don't have this option back, I won't extend my Family Premium account.

Thats very sick reply.

You are not giving any option. You are telling users spotify can rule as you want.

Sick experience, I quit.

I was trying to upload my own songs that I've written.  Shame this feature has been removed

Suggested posts