Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problem with sound. Windows desktop app.

Problem with sound. Windows desktop app.

Since the last update my desktop app is not working properly on PC. When I select my speakers as the output device, no sound is coming out. If I select my headphones as output, they work. There is no problem with the speakers since if I play anything from the browser or any other app sound does come out of them. The issue appears only with the spotify application.

Windows 10, PC

5 Replies

I also have issues with the sound, it defaults to Headphones, even if i use the Windows settings to set it to my Speakers, or other outputs, it defaults to speakers, not changing any settings in windows, it just ignores the settings and use headphones. 

I can get it to work, but it's a hassle and really annoying, i wish they would just put the option back in to Spotify it self again, as it used to be. 

Windows 11, PC

-- Tried fixing it with different methods.

Reinstall - didn't work. 

Change sound output through windows options, ignored didn't work. 

tried using SteelSeries software to make it work, it's also ignored, how i don't know but it's also annoying to use in the first place. 

Just my take on the same issue for the past week perhaps. 

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

This is odd indeed. For starters, even if you already tried reinstalling the app, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall by following these steps. This is a more thorough process, and it might help. Also, check for any pending updates on the Spotify app and your device. 

On another, could you check if this also happens when playing Spotify from the Web Player

If nothing helps, send over the make/model and OS of the device along with the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same happened to me. I have installed the Spotify app from the Microsoft Store and it worked after that. See if that works for you as well. I don't think this is the actual solution because the problem with the actual spotify app still exists.

I've reinstalled it so many times now I've lost count, I've done it in safe mode as well, and nothing works. 

Sportify should just use their own settings and set up a choice there, its the most simple and best fix. 

Relying on Microsoft to make things that work after every update is the worst choice you can make. 

The only place Sportify is not annoying is on the phone, where etc. Soundcloud starts by it self every time a bluetooth device is found. 

it just baffels me why anyone would remove settings that used to be in "Advanced" settings to simplify things. 

Hi there @aka_Sane,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from, and we're here to help. Just to check, are you still experiencing this behavior with the Spotify app? If you haven't, you can try what @Bluffies recommended and install the app from the Microsoft Store instead of our webpage, or vice versa. 

Additionally, go to Sound Settings on Windows > Volume Mixer> Apps > Reset.

We're here in case you still need help.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts