Queue changing to the start of the playlist

Solved!

Queue changing to the start of the playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Custom Built Windows 10 PC (Have also experienced problem on iPhone and Mac)

Operating System

Windows 10 (Have also experienced problem on iOS 11 and 12, and Mac High Sierra and Mojave)

My Question or Issue

So it seems that the playlist feature may have a stress issue. When selecting a song in the middle of a large playlist. In my case 1000+ songs. There are times where the Play Queue will reset to the beginning of the playlist. I've included a short video to demonstrate the issue. This doesn't happen all the time. I haven't found a common occurence for the times that it does happen. At the time in the videos I was using spotify through Sonos One devices. I have had the issue without it at times though. I often stream to speaker devices and have multiple instances of spotify up at a time. i.e Started playing from PC but then control with iPhone/Mac.

I love your service and am a tester in my day job so I'd be glad to help in any way that I can.

I wasn't able to force the issue on my Mac at the moment, but if I manage to get it to happen and capture it I can upload it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @AKippins!

Sorry to hear your having this issue.

Please make sure all audio devices are updated, including drivers.

In addition, please reinstall Spotify app as it tends to do the trick.

Waiting on your update 😃

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @AKippins!

Sorry to hear your having this issue.

Please make sure all audio devices are updated, including drivers.

In addition, please reinstall Spotify app as it tends to do the trick.

Waiting on your update 😃

I tried doing this and it STILL does not work, what do I do??

Yeah, I do have the same problem that occurs when I am playing music from my Liked songs (I think ~1500 tracks), then I add any song to my queue, that song plays, then my Liked Songs start playing from the top...

I think the problem appeared yesterday or the day before.. I'd guess this bug came with the most recent Spotify update?

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this.

We have created an Ongoing issue about what you seem to be experiencing. You can take a look here to see what troubleshooting steps you can try.

We'd also recommend leaving a +Vote and a comment with your info. We'll keep everyone updated on the status of the issue on that page.

Keep an eye out for updates. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue

Hey there @MariaStathiakis!

Does this issue occur only on your PC, or does it affect your mobile phone as well? Could you give us a bit more info about the devices you use Spotify on? Feel free to share their make, model and OS version, as well as the version of Spotify you're running. It's worth checking if the issue occurs on the Web Player as well.

You can try logging out then signing back in twice in a row as this triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. In any case, a short screen recording which captures this behavior in action would be greatly appreciated, so we can have a direct look at what's happening on your end.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts