Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Windows desktop PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Why is it so hard to create a f*$king refresh button.  I listen to a daily podcast, and everyday I have to close and reopen spotify to get the new episode on Spotify.  It's super annoying, and seems like a pretty logical feature to add.  

17 Replies

Hey there @dickbutt420,

thanks for sharing in the community !

There's a similar idea added to the "Ideas" section of the community.

You can check it out here and vote to promote it.

If you have new suggestions or wish to renew the idea for users to vote, visit the same section and implement yours.

Have a great week=)

The linked issue is closed, so this is no longer a valid "solution".

It's completely asinine the way Spotify keeps pouring money into more exclusive podcast content without meeting the baseline level of functionality that virtually every podcast app has.

Very annoying that this basic feature is still missing from the desktop app. It shouldn't be necessary to close and re-open the application just to see new podcast episodes.

TOTALLY agree. I have to shut down the Windows 10 app then start over to get Podcasts to update.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'll shed some light on the situation.

There is a new idea about a new option for the podcasts so they can refresh without closing the app. You can go ahead and check it here.

You can also add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread. This way you'll stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. Rest assured, that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.    

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Moderator, I am reviewing posts and answers and comments and I'm seeing the same problems have been kicking around since 2013. You are referring me to a suggestion from November of 2019, nearly a year ago. I'm impressed, but not in the way you want me to be. Maybe I'd feel better if I were seeing some kind of reply from your programmers or managers or communicators to say "We are working on this. Here is where the issue is on our priority list. Here is the size of the team working on it. Here is our schedule for development, testing, rolling out an update" But all I see are directions to update a different suggestion because this one is now closed.

Hey there @acninee,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your opinion with the community.

As much as we'd like to share real time info about the development progress of new features, there are several factors which don't allow us to do so. Our teams are constantly working on multiple fixes and new functions across the variety of supported devices and platforms. Some of these don't ever get implemented in the app, so there is no point sharing information about the development of features, which will never be live.

If you think other users might find it useful to have a space where our developers share info on what they're currently working on, we recommend you go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We're always open to new ideas that could improve the app and its features. Here's more info on how ideas work. 

It's also worth checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

AlexModerator

Another, much quicker way is probably that I'll simply switch back to Apple Music where this isn't an issue...

100% agreed... Spotify have absolutely ruined the podcast experience. Which is crazy since they're are so many other platforms that have already mastered it! All they had to do was copy! As usual, there's hundreds of posts on this topic but they won't do anything about it until everyone votes on the same page! They're completely incompetent and don't give a damn about their customers. Once they signed the JRE deal they realised they didn't need to try anymore. I feel absolutely robbed having to use this third rate platform. Can't view videos, can't refresh screen, the list goes on. And I'm paying PREMIUM!!!

I made my original post about the refresh button like 2 years ago now...come on spotify, you got this!!! Better yet, hire me and I'll do it.

Why is this still an issue? I can't even get podcast content to refresh by exiting spotify and restarting. It just doesn't ever update! My most recent content is over a month old now!

Hey @DumbProblems,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

The content availability depends on various factors, and the release dates for one and the same show can vary for different regions. To force a refresh between your Spotify account and app, log in and log out twice in a row, this usually resolves a lot of cache related issues. If the content is not refreshed, then it might be a local availability situation with that particular show, as already described.

Also users have formulated an idea here for a functionality button to refresh the podcast content from inside the app, however it was closed as it did not reach the sufficient amount of votes in the past. So perhaps now you can share your thoughts and valuable feedback by suggesting a new idea (reformulate the old one) about this change in our Idea Exchange board. Beforehand, you can familiarize yourself with the guidelines for Idea submissions, so your suggestion gets approved.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

lol. How is log out twice an acceptable answer? If it's this hard to follow a podcast where I know the release schedule and know a new ep is available, following a show with an irregular schedule is basically impossible. Glad I switched to using PocketCasts.

I can’t even press the refresh button because current song or episode playing is in the way!

It's crazy that the app doesn't even have a refresh menu option. I don't listen to podcasts on Spotify, but sometimes the app (on Mac) will just refuse to load anything. Thankfully quitting and opening again fixes it but come on. Even Slack has a refresh option (two actually, regular and force).

I don't expect any real response or action from Spotify since they are infamous for bad app support/updates. If any Community Mods with a line to the company read this, I'd love the sentiment forwarded. Spotify app on Android is terrible and only gets worse with each update. App on iphone is terrible. Just started using the Mac app and, no surprise, already found a super basic bug.

Disappointed there's still no refresh button. Now my home page isn't responding but other pages are fine. Fix this, please.
I'm no even trying to search for anything, search page works well.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 220842.png

How tf is there no refresh button STILLLLLLL Spotify at this point wth is wrong?

Suggested posts