Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report button greyed out

Report button greyed out

Latest version, Windows 10

I have a follower who is harassing me and no way of blocking them (thanks spotify). They are now harassing my followers (thanks again, spotify) so id like to report them but, of course, the feature is greyed out. 

Thoughts? Too little too late, but lets see what the consenus is here.

block.PNG
8 Replies

Hi @axlegear, thanks for writing!

I'm sorry about that. The "report" feature is for artists only. If, for example, you find a song that is offensive somehow, then you can report the artist.

Since there's currently no way to send private messages in the Spotify app, how exactly is this harassment happening? 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They're blocked on all other platforms so by following me on spotify, full well knowing theyre blocked elsewhere, its stalking/harassment. They're metaphorically 'following' me. They have started following all my followers and harassing them via facebook. It saddens me deeply that spotify doesn't understand or care how necessary this feature is

Hey @axlegear,

I understand the situation, but there shouldn't be a way for this person to actively disturb people through the Spotify app. If they take it to Facebook, they can be blocked via Facebook.

You could send your followers here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496 and ask them to add their vote. It's a pretty popular idea!

Let me know if you need further help.

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is no way to filter, remove, report, or even downvote offensive podcasts. You shove them in the face of paying customers. Fix it ASAP!

Hey there @skch,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We understand that the difference in availability of different features between devices and content types might cause some frustration. We recommend that you create an idea that requests the report button also for podcast on our Idea Board. You can learn how to do this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it on this page.

In the meantime you can also follow the instructions on this page to report content you find offensive, including podcasts. This way the right folks will take a closer look. To avoid such situations, it's a good idea to follow and listen to more content that you like. This way it'll be easier for the algorithms to recommend content better suited for you.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Look, Spotify should be able to see that this is an essential idea and prioritize it on its own. It's a service, which we pay for as premium users, not a democratically developed platform. You don't have basic privacy options for users because it's not a "social network", yet you ask us to participate in a social forum to solve the problem.

It is not about privacy. It is about the button that does not work. It is about the poor quality of software and service.

I agree. Why should you add a button that doesn't work at all. And yes, you should be able to report stuff. For Example you can use offensive/private or stolen Pictures. Spotify is big enough to start caring about more than just the Songs.

Suggested posts