NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop AND Web Player do not work on any browser

Spotify Desktop AND Web Player do not work on any browser

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

i've a gaming computer so hardware is not the problem.

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hello.

I've got the following problem for like one year now. (Sorry for my bad english).

Whenever i want to listen to Spotify, i usually like to use Web Player, and WHEN i log in, i got the following message : "An error has occuried" (french screenshot in attachments)

An error has occurred.
Try to reload the page

Reloading the page does not solve the problem, of course.

Well, then i always try the desktop app, and when i log in, every of my favorite artist, albums, playlist... are gone. Plus i cant listen to anything, the desktop app basicaly does not work. Not surprised, i never liked it but anyway.

Is the problem my IP adress ? I know it's at least linked to it, because when i use a VPN, i can log in to Web player, get to my playlist (still there), and listen to a music... Well only for 9 seconds before it pauses. Cant continue or do anything except changing music and listen for the 9 first seconds of it and so on... 

Using the same internet box (= Same IP adress), it does work absolutly fine on my mobile phone tho.

I dont understand, like, what is happening to my account ? Or my Computer ? Is there a protection somewhere i need to turn off ? Firewall and Antivirus does allow anything to all my web browsers (didnt mention, but i tried Mozilla, Chrome, Opera, Opera GX, and Brave).

Please let me now if you need any more info.

Thanks for reading, and i know, this does not make any sense at all.

Spotify Error Message.png
1 Reply

Hi there @Kemijo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

There might be indeed some trouble with the connection, but there are several steps that we can try to have it sorted out. At first, try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes. Also, make sure that your browser is running the latest version.

If that doesn't work, double check your firewall and antivirus and make sure that there aren't any restrictions enabled specifically for Spotify. Additionally, check if your hosts file needs clearing by following the steps in this article.

Regarding the desktop app not showing any of your saved content, it sounds like you're logging in to a different account. Just to confirm, are you using the same login details as when logging in to the web player or the mobile app? Try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts