Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

I can'[t get anything to play on the desktop app. My android and the web player both work, but the app is unable to play anything. The PC plays other sounds from Web Player, Games, etc.

Steps to reproduce:

Open Spotify Desktop App

Press "play" on any song, podcast, or playlist.

Nothing begins to play. Song length stays at 0:00, no album art is in the corner, no sound comes out of the PC.

5 Replies

Hey @AdamWestTDK,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We'd suggest you to first make sure you're running a fresh installation of the app on your PC by performing a clean reinstall as proposed on this page. Use the app from the Microsoft Store afterwards.

Does the issue still persist?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yes, I've done that twice as stated before. It appears to not like my VPN?

same problem, except i can play songs that have been saved to my playlist ect. but i cannot download anything. i have reinstalled several times (deleting the appdata cache every time), rebooted several times, logged in and out again several times, tried default wifi, ethernet, hooked up my phone to the pc for cellular, nothing. phone is fine, web player is fine, literally just desktop. nothing online has helped and none of the support protocols have either.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

If you have a VPN turned on, we advise you to turn it off, because this can cause issues with the playback and limit the functionality of the app.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

i do not have a vpn though. i stated that in the topic that you collapsed into this thread (i cant even see it) so i dont see how my problem isnt different to this. this is regarding vpns, my problem is regarding my spotify app being completely useless with no observable influence

Suggested posts