Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Function to condense the friend activity windows in desktop app

In the present version the friend activity window is always open. Provide a setting or function to condense or fade out the friend activity window

• Visitor
  • In the present version the friend activity window is always open. Provide a setting or function to condense or fade out the friend activity window
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Web Broswer Player on Win PC (not using an app) will not play any music file

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 8.1 PC with both Firefox and Chrome Web Browsers and PlayStation 4Operating SystemWindows 8.1 Pro and Sony PlayStation 4.My Question or IssueSpotify Web Browser Player on Win PC (not using an app) will not play...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Windows 8.1 PC with both Firefox and Chrome Web Browsers and PlayStation 4 Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro and Sony PlayStation 4. My Question or Issue ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution fullscreen mode

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueHow can I enter fullscreen mode ?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue How can I enter fullscreen mode ? 
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 37 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums disappear after being clicked on?

Hello, windows 10 user here. For some reason when I click on an album/single from an artists page it will no longer appear there if I try and search it again. e.g. If I go to "Little Mix" and click on their "confetti (expanded)" album cover then hit ...

• Hello, windows 10 user here.    For some reason when I click on an album/single from an artists page it will no longer appear there if I try and search it again.   e.g. If I go to ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Add Songs to Pre-Made Playlists

Currently listening to the "This is A$AP Rocky" playlist and the song, "F**kin' Problems" isn't included on it. Is there a way to save a personal version of a playlist that additional songs can be added to? Often a pre-made playlist or "radio" statio...

• Visitor
  • Currently listening to the "This is A$AP Rocky" playlist and the song, "F**kin' Problems" isn't included on it.  Is there a way to save a personal version of a playlist that additional songs can...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Xbox Game Bar support for Russia

PlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceSurface LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, Spotify! Please add Russia to supported countries in Xbox Game Bar on PC (Win+G menu). Right now it works with USA, Sweden and other supported countries. S...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Russia Device Surface Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, Spotify! Please add Russia to supported countries in Xbox Game Bar on PC (Win+G...
  • AlekseyUsatov
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes
  • spotify desktop
    Windows 10
    Xbox Game Bar
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes

[Desktop][Browse] please bring back the option to play all of an artist's songs in a list!

Since the update I really miss the option to just click on the artist's most played songs, and just letting them play. Now if I put it on shuffle, it just plays their most popular songs on repeat, or immediately starts the artist radio. I don't want ...

• Visitor
  • Since the update I really miss the option to just click on the artist's most played songs, and just letting them play. Now if I put it on shuffle, it just plays their most popular songs on repeat, or...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify mutes itself during teams meeting

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceLenovo ThinkpadOperating SystemWindows 10 64 bit My Question or IssueEverytime I have a Teams-meeting, I pause Spotify and when I'm turning it on again, it is muted in windows Volume mixer. I thought it would be fix...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Lenovo Thinkpad Operating System Windows 10 64 bit   My Question or Issue Everytime I have a Teams-meeting, I pause Spotify and when I'm turning...
  • mihirnk
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting two adverts together at the same time, simultaneously?

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevicelaptop AcerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I am not talking about getting two or more ads in a row, nor about getting ads after every song even when skipping. I mean that two different superimposed adverts pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device laptop Acer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I am not talking about getting two or more ads in a row, nor about getting ads aft...
  • Julian
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to disable auto play when you search for a song?

Since the version (1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a) when you search for a song and no song is being played (even when you just have paused the current song), spotify automatic play the song you found on the search... The big problem is that this operation ove...

• Roadie
  • Since the version (1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a) when you search for a song and no song is being played (even when you just have paused the current song), spotify automatic play the song you found on the s...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution extraction in a playlists

i have nearly 6000 songs in my list(in download status).but i have 2 exact same songs in playlist.can be really annoying.since spotify is a buggy app i think an option like this could be handy

• Visitor
  • i have nearly 6000 songs in my list(in download status).but i have 2 exact same songs in playlist.can be really annoying.since spotify is a buggy app i think an option like this could be handy
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution podcast ad after every song on pc

PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify plays an ad after every song and I don't think that's normal and I don't really like to hear an ad about an lesbian s$x podcast after every song and I don't wanna buy a renault Kangoo eit...

• Plan Free Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify plays an ad after every song and I don't think that's normal and  I don't really like to hear an ad about an lesbi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Problem when connecting to Bluetooth on Spotify

My Question or IssueWhen i'm connecting Bluetooth on Spotify, the "previous" button pressed itself automatically again and again. But using aux cable works fine and no problem at all.PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 10

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue When i'm connecting Bluetooth on Spotify, the "previous" button pressed itself automatically again and again. But using aux cable works fine and no problem at all. Plan Free ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked songs playlist not showing runtime

Version: 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a PlanPremium DeviceWindows 10 laptop My Question or IssueThe total runtime of the Liked songs playlist no longer shows up on the windows 10 Spotify app. It is not impacting any others they all show total number of songs...

• Regular
  • Version: 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a   Plan Premium   Device Windows 10 laptop   My Question or Issue The total runtime of the Liked songs playlist no longer shows up on the w...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notify me option BELL

My Question or IssueSo essentially what Instagram and YouTube has, allowing users to turn on a notification bell for specific artist. Seems like a no brainier but might be a difficult implement.

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue So essentially what Instagram and YouTube has, allowing users to turn on a notification bell for specific artist.  Seems like a no brainier but might be a difficult implem...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bell
    Icon
    notify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Same songs in recommended

My Question or IssueUsually happens when I add more small artists to a playlist.

cqpcqp.PNG
  • My Question or Issue Usually happens when I add more small artists to a playlist. 
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify not playing music

Plan: Premium, Country: The Netherlands, Device: Surface Laptop 2, Operating System: Windows 10My Question or Issue:I have re-installed Spotify several times, restarted my device, checked other applications such as Youtube which play sounds just fine...

• Plan: Premium, Country: The Netherlands, Device: Surface Laptop 2, Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue: I have re-installed Spotify several times, r...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The last song of albums/playlist refuses to load up

PlanPremiumDeviceDell Vostro 14 3400Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe last song of albums/playlist refuses to load up

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Device Dell Vostro 14 3400 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The last song of albums/playlist refuses to load up 
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What Happened to Social Share?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacBook 12" Early 2015Operating SystemMacOS Big Sur My Question or IssueWith the new update, when I click "Share" I only get two options: "Copy Song link" or "Copy embed code" - no more Twitter, Messenger, etc. What gives?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device MacBook 12" Early 2015 Operating System MacOS Big Sur   My Question or Issue With the new update, when I click "Share" I only get two options: "...
  • sbebiwan
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows XP

I have an old PC with Windows XP on it. The version of Spotify it has is still 1.0.20.101 Lately I've noticed that when I'm playing or displaying a playlist, it immediately switches to the Browse page. Is there a way to fix this via any settings? My ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an old PC with Windows XP on it. The version of Spotify it has is still 1.0.20.101   Lately I've noticed that when I'm playing or displaying a playlist, it immediately switches to the B...
  • spotify95
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes