Spotify stuck in Offline mode

Spotify stuck in Offline mode

abafazi
Regular

Periodically, on Windows 10, spotify believes that there is no internet connection when there is.

This is abolutely infuriating, as the only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Has anyone else had this issue?

10 Replies

MartinStoichkov
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey there, 

this seems frustrating. I also get "Offline mode" sometimes when I put my PC to sleep and then log back in, but it's for a couple of seconds to a minute. 

You can try some easier ways instead of restarting your PC. 

• Restart Spotify
  • Log out from your Spotify account and log back in
  • Turn off your internet connection and turn it back on (to refresh the app)
  • Bugs comes and bugs goes, usually a Clean Reinstall of the app clears most of the problems. You can give your app a fresh start.

Hope some of the steps here work for you, happy listening!

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mario

Hey @abafazi,

Just popping in to add something to what @MartinStoichkov suggested.

When it comes to performing a clean reinstall of the app, you can take a look at this Spotify answer and follow the more detailed steps featured in it for your Windows 10. 

Hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

MarioModerator
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

abafazi
Regular

This doesn't work

Jeremy

Hey there @abafazi,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you restart your device to see if that helps?

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

It's also good to try with another internet connection.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

abafazi
Regular

Restarting the device works. But this is not a permanent solution. This happens to me about once a week, and it's quite annoying to have to restart my PC every time this happens. I believe it's a bug where Spotify checks with Windows to see if there is an internet connection without actually trying to connect.

Spotiamp works and can see that I have an internet connection - why can't Spotify?

abafazi
Regular

This is the version of Spotify I am using 

abafazi_0-1607084639286.png

Jeremy

Hey again @abafazi,

Thank you for your reply and screenshot.

You should appear as online if there is no trouble with your settings and individual connection. You can check that Spotify is not being blocked by a firewall or an antivirus program. 

If it occurs again - can you see if it works better with another internet connection, and try to restart your router?

Keep us posted. 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

BenyaminL
Music Fan
Hello, this occasionally happen on my side also with 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a
I use premium and able to go online sometimes, and need to tick untick the offline mode to solve the issue, but the problem is the error modal isn't helping sometimes... it sometmes show 53 error, sometimes only oops something wrong happen and I as user need to guess by tick untick, or restart the computer, and it's troublesome...

Firewall turned off to test the issue, and it's not firewall issue, windows defender tested also with turned off and spotify still have same issue. Any help or debug log I would like to provide, but please advice the way to fetch the log. Thank you.

Mihail

Hey @BenyaminL,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to confirm - have you tried performing a clean reinstall using these steps that @MartinStoichkov posted above? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Afterwards you should also check your host files. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

abafazi
Regular

I know, 99% of the time, it is the customers fault, there is something wrong with their device, or internet connection, or firewall, or antivirus.

But Spotify is erroneously checking with Windows to see if there is an internet connection before even attempting to connect its self.

This is a bug with Spotify

SUGGESTED POSTS