Spotify web/desktop player won't load but it does reproduce music

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Web Player (all browsers) and Windows Desktop Player

My Question or Issue

From today Spotify desktop and web player won't load, but I can log in. I try to reproduce from my phone by sync and surprisingly web does reproduce but it won't show the site, it keeps popping the message "Something went wrong try again later" and that happens in chrome, mozilla and opera, also in desktop. Apparently this is a bug that's related to facebook logging, but I've logged out, reinstalled the desktop app, cleaned caché and still the same issue, logged in frm facebook as usual, and still it doesn't load properly. On my phone, the app is working all right, and thru chrome on android, the site loads well. Can anyone please give an advice on how to correct this issue? 
Something to add, the first attempt to log in was thru desktop app, it couldn't connect to my internet service saying that there was no conexion available, which obviously there was. I reinstalled, I logged perfectly fine, facebook and spotify gave me success messages but when redirected to web player and desktop player, it went all wrong with loading the interphase. From then on, it's been impossible to load the players. Tried everything. I logged out from all devices with website option, didn't work, cleared caché from my browsers, even my dns. Didn't work either.

image_2022-02-02_00-22-10.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Arac,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Sorry to hear that you can't use Spotify on your computer since recently. I'll do my best to help.

If you suspect that the issue might be related to your account, try creating a free account and test out if you can log in and play music on that one.

To me this sound more like a networking issue. I'd recommend you do the following:

• Restart your router, by unplugging the power for 10-20 seconds.
  • Make sure that there is no VPN running and that Spotify is allowed through any firewall/ antivirus software.
  • Try connecting to another WiFi, like a mobile hotspot from your phone. This way you can verify if the issue is network related at all.

If none of the above helps - clear any entries of Spotify from your Windows Hosts file. Follow this Guide.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Arac,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Sorry to hear that you can't use Spotify on your computer since recently. I'll do my best to help.

If you suspect that the issue might be related to your account, try creating a free account and test out if you can log in and play music on that one.

To me this sound more like a networking issue. I'd recommend you do the following:

• Restart your router, by unplugging the power for 10-20 seconds.
  • Make sure that there is no VPN running and that Spotify is allowed through any firewall/ antivirus software.
  • Try connecting to another WiFi, like a mobile hotspot from your phone. This way you can verify if the issue is network related at all.

If none of the above helps - clear any entries of Spotify from your Windows Hosts file. Follow this Guide.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Solved it. It was a problem with Hosts file from Windows. I cleared it and it worked just fine. Thanks!

Hey @Arac,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine for you now.

We're glad that clearing the entries from your Hosts file did the trick! We can also suggest to always keep your app updated to the latest version available, as by doing so you won't miss any future fixes or upcoming new features.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need a hand with anything else. Have a good one 🙂

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts