Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows]Blank screens

Solved!

[Windows]Blank screens

Spotify update: We've posted a workaround to this issue here. Thanks for hanging in there - we're working on a permanent solution.

Hi there,

I'm a Premium user since 3 years and a half. The first couple of years I was super happy with the whole experience of sharing songs with friends and stuff, top notch, really. But since the last year and a half I have a REALLY ANNOYING problem in the computer version of Spotify that I've been trying to fix all the time with no success. I tried to find a solution for it, but nothing helped me, that's why I'm writing here finally, because today the problem got even worse with the new update that I just installed.

My initial problem/bug is that one day, with a new update, I wasn't able of sending/sharing songs anymore with my friends. I right-clicked on the song that I wanted to send/share, clicked on ''share'', and suddenly, instead of the classic tab where I used to write the message with the ''SEND'' button, I got a blank white tab. I was always using this very same method, but it stopped working for me for some reason with one of the updates. I couldn't write or send anything. I uninstalled the program and re-installed again several times but didn't work. I really enjoyed that part of spotify, but I eventually gave up.

Some months later, new spotify update, the problem got worse. Not just couldn't send or share songs anymore, now not even the sections ''Explore'' and ''Discover'' showed up. They were white, blank. Nothing will show up there. This is the first screen you see when Spotify opens, right? For me it's completely blank since long time ago. Sometimes it looks like it's charging, but nothing really.

But what happened today is completely wrong. With this new update, this new version of spotify, I'm not even able to look for new songs or new artists. Guess what happens, it's blank. I look for a song, click on the artist/band name and it doesn't load. I can even see the band page with their albums and songs...

Basically what I can only do now is just seeing my own playlists, and I'm afraid this will end in the moment you guys make a newer version of Spotify...

I'm using Windows 7 64bits. Please, I need some urgent help. I'm sure someone else has the same **bleep**ty problem. This is getting really awful!

I'm attaching some images so you guys can see it properly.

Thanks!

EDITED subject to make it clearer

Sin título-1.jpg
106 Replies

This solution worked for me. Can't believe "that" would cause me 2 hours of looking around. Seriously, fix it...

THANK YOU !!!!! my dad's computer had this problem in over a year and nothing works, and now his birthday party saved 😄 THANK YOU !!

How to set --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background in the linux client?

Marked as solution

I think I'll unsubscribe from Premium and go back to Apple Music. I have never used a service with so many bugs. And I don't mean little glitches, I mean things that make it totally unusable. And the ones that are known for years and still not fixed. Spotify developers are a disgrace.

THANKS SO FKING MUCH<3!!!

None of the above has helped and I'm not to shabby with the computer stuff.  What do you suggest now for this spotify "premium" user?  Please fix.  Windows 7

Thankyou! This was it for me! All the other command line solutions didn't work. 

Suggested posts