Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Solved!
Highlighted

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

sparood
Casual Listener

Hi,

I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it).

This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. However, all the albums listed in 'my music' are present on my smartphone... So somehow they've disappeared on my desktop... If I save/add an album, the 'my music' tabs still show the message 'couldn't load your music' (well, in dutch). 'Load again' doesn't do the trick. Also, the browse page won't stop loading, i.e. nothing happens...

Ideas anyone?!

EDIT:Subject changed to make topic cleare. Original subject "Lost My Music".

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

rubberdonkeyeye
Casual Listener

The solution that 2frozen put forth worked for me as well on my mac and I'm fully funtional again.

The key part is to delete the cache files as just re-installing spotify (at least for me) didn't do it.  You can find the location of your cache files by looking in preferences->cache. If you search in the finder on the mac it won't find them since they are hidden files. However you can adjust that in your finder search by clicking the "+" under the search bar, then in the bar that appears change "kind" to "file visability" (or go into other... and select "file visable" if that option doesn't show),  and in the bar that will now say "visable" change that to "visable and invisable". 

The two folders I deleted were:

com.spotify.client

com.spotify.danstaller

Hope that's of some help. I ran into this suggestion in another thread but since I failed to find and delete the cache files on my first try it didn't work. Now all is well. Good luck!

Solution!

Re: Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Maroder
Regular

As other Users have already acknowledged deleting the contents of the folder %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Spotify fixes the issue under Windows 8.1. No reinstall needed - just close Spotify before deleting.

118 Replies

Browse stuck on loading

asd3w42345
Casual Listener

and if go to my albums or artists, it says that my music failed to load. reinstalled it already, no solution.

anyone an idea?

windows 7

Re: Browse stuck on loading

asd3w42345
Casual Listener

add: that problum is just since i upgraded to premium

Re: Lost my music

Joe
Community Legend

Hi. I don't think you've lost anything, some pages aren't loading. First thing to try is temporarily disabling any proxy, firewall, antivirus and other security software then exit and relaunch spotify. If it works, you should be able to work out what was blocking access and create an exception.

If you still have problems, please post again.

Joe
Community Legend

Have you tried temporarily disabling any proxy, firewalls, antivirus and other security software then exiting and restarting spotify?

cluckston

I have the same problem. I was already on Premium but since sofware upgrade Browse, Albums and Artists don't work?

asd3w42345
Casual Listener

Yes, i did.

archiekay58
Casual Listener

Hi

Same problem here on windows 7 desktop after installing latest Spotify update. Albums tab and artist tabs display " failed to download" error. Browse tab freezes. Have tried re-installing and disabling anti virus etc. Any ideas

Joe
Community Legend

WHat spotify version is it @archiekay58 (help/about then click on the version puts it in your clipboard)?

Stephano

Same problem with me!

SUGGESTED POSTS