Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Solved!

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Hi,

I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it).

This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. However, all the albums listed in 'my music' are present on my smartphone... So somehow they've disappeared on my desktop... If I save/add an album, the 'my music' tabs still show the message 'couldn't load your music' (well, in dutch). 'Load again' doesn't do the trick. Also, the browse page won't stop loading, i.e. nothing happens...

Ideas anyone?!

EDIT:Subject changed to make topic cleare. Original subject "Lost My Music".

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The solution that 2frozen put forth worked for me as well on my mac and I'm fully funtional again.

The key part is to delete the cache files as just re-installing spotify (at least for me) didn't do it.  You can find the location of your cache files by looking in preferences->cache. If you search in the finder on the mac it won't find them since they are hidden files. However you can adjust that in your finder search by clicking the "+" under the search bar, then in the bar that appears change "kind" to "file visability" (or go into other... and select "file visable" if that option doesn't show),  and in the bar that will now say "visable" change that to "visable and invisable". 

The two folders I deleted were:

com.spotify.client

com.spotify.danstaller

Hope that's of some help. I ran into this suggestion in another thread but since I failed to find and delete the cache files on my first try it didn't work. Now all is well. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

As other Users have already acknowledged deleting the contents of the folder %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Spotify fixes the issue under Windows 8.1. No reinstall needed - just close Spotify before deleting.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

and if go to my albums or artists, it says that my music failed to load. reinstalled it already, no solution.

anyone an idea?

windows 7

add: that problum is just since i upgraded to premium

Hi. I don't think you've lost anything, some pages aren't loading. First thing to try is temporarily disabling any proxy, firewall, antivirus and other security software then exit and relaunch spotify. If it works, you should be able to work out what was blocking access and create an exception.

If you still have problems, please post again.

Have you tried temporarily disabling any proxy, firewalls, antivirus and other security software then exiting and restarting spotify?

I have the same problem. I was already on Premium but since sofware upgrade Browse, Albums and Artists don't work?

Yes, i did.

Hi

Same problem here on windows 7 desktop after installing latest Spotify update. Albums tab and artist tabs display " failed to download" error. Browse tab freezes. Have tried re-installing and disabling anti virus etc. Any ideas

WHat spotify version is it @archiekay58 (help/about then click on the version puts it in your clipboard)?

Same problem with me!

Joe

version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c

Archie

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried all that, unfortunately no change.

And... I've also logged in using my husbands account: no problems there; everything is properly loading. So I'm afraid it's an account problem? But still no problems on my smartphone... And logging in using my account on my husbands laptop: it says 'welcome to spotify' (as if I'm a new user) and everything works! I'm baffled...

Other suggestions?

Thanks

Browser results (artists, albums, playlists) won't display on screen. Dots go round and round as if searching. Never had this trouble before. If I search for works by a composer they don't display.

Many thanks for any suggestions

I'm thinking there may be some server issue affecting users, possibly in certain countries. I'm in Poland, running the same version and Browse/Your Music is working fine. If the web player works, maybe give it 24 hours or tweet @SpotifyCares which is generally manned around the clock. I'll see if I can find out any more too.

@Papamoa I moved your post to the relevant thread.

Hey @asd3w42345  , @cluckston  and @Stephano   I'm merging this into another thread to keep this issue in one place.

Same problem here. The tabs Albums or Browse fail, but the tab Songs works.

spotify.JPG

I am using Windows 8, premium member in Germany. Since two days and after the update, I can see my playlists but if I want to switch to albums or artists the error with the picture of the girl in the subway appears, telling me that "your music" cannot be loaded. I already re-installed the program, but nothing happens. No problems on my Android Phone or iPod!

Would it be possible to get an ETA on when a fix for this is supposed to arrive? The Browse function is one of the main reasons I use Spotify, and now I can't really use Spotify at all. If it'll help at all: the Discover feature works fine. The Radio feature works fine. The Follow feature does not work. I don't use App Finder but it seems to load fine. Under My Music, Songs loads okay. Albums and Artists show a "Your Music Failed to Load" error. Playlists are fine.

I just want to mention, that I have the same error since yesterday evening:

spotify_error.png

It is present with Windows Client as well as with the web app.

"My Music" cannot be loaded and also "browse" and "follow" does not load. On the android app it is working.

Suggested posts