Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Solved!

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Hi,

I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it).

This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. However, all the albums listed in 'my music' are present on my smartphone... So somehow they've disappeared on my desktop... If I save/add an album, the 'my music' tabs still show the message 'couldn't load your music' (well, in dutch). 'Load again' doesn't do the trick. Also, the browse page won't stop loading, i.e. nothing happens...

Ideas anyone?!

EDIT:Subject changed to make topic cleare. Original subject "Lost My Music".

118 Replies

I'm having the same problem on Web Player on my Chromebook - playlists won't load

Hello. I have the same problems since yesterday. I use spotify with Win 7 64 bit german. I have the problems with the web player as well. For this i use Firefox ESR 24.6.0. No problems with Android 4.1.2.

Same problems here (Germany, Web-Player, Win 8.1, Opera 22 / IE 11):

-Search: Works

-Browse: Stuck loading

-Discover: Works

-Radio: Works

-Your music: Stuck loading

-Follow: Stuck Loading

Clearing the browser cache/cookies doesn´t help at all.

Very annoying...

I'm having the same problem. Spotify Desktop on Windows 7 32.

exactly the same problem here...

😞

maxos 10.9.4

Same here on windows version 0.9.10.22

I'm having the same problems.. Im on Win 7 Professional / 64 bits in the UK. My local cache is set to 1 GB and Spotify is not accessing any local files (I heard this can slow things down). I just did a clean re-installation as well but that didn't help a bit.

Same problem here playlists OK radio OK unable to browse or search- windows 7

same here... Browse not loading on Mac (0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c) (OS X 10.9.4). Works fine on iPhone.  Seems to have lost the ability to 'remotely' control spotify from iPhone (whilst on same Wif and saying 'iPhone Connected'.... Hint perhaps is also that account shows now only the spotify 'number' not the name.... (both on iPhone and mac player)

I'm no longer able to see the search results in the spotify browser after I hit enter in the search field. The browsing field just stays blank. Oddly I can listen to music and see the album lists of artists when I click the search tab and select the artist/album from there. Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Same problems! I guess there is a big server problem going on spotify!

Exact same problem here too. Everything is working great on the android app for me but not so much on the desktop client. Clicking on Songs brings my collection up but when I click Albums or Artists I get "Your Music has failed to load". 

Another occurance I found was when trying to upgrade my account on Spotify site I received an error code.

Hope we can all get this sorted soon 🙂

same here.

MAC OSX. UK

And when it does eventually show infos on my playlists it says the playlist has been created by someone else !

I feel your pain. I thought this was slightly weird too. Lets hope it's just server issues and there's a fix on the way hehe.

Just to let you know: as of this morning the account of my husband (which I mentioned earlier as working properly) has the same problem...

UPDATE: I have managed to escalate this to one of the Spotify team and I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

@Joe thanks a lot for this 🙂

No worries - I just wish I could do more when stuff like this happens 🙂

Same isues here in UK... OSX 10.9.4 (13E28), browsing fails to load with continual spinning dots... albums and artists returns the error music failed to load. Some apps don't  load either. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled... rebooted the rooter all to no avail. As with everyone the IOS app works fine. Three weeks into the free trial I'm wondering if my money will be better spent elsewhere, especially with the lack of response to my earlier email to customer support??

I'm having similar problems. Search doesn't work at all, Browse just shows the circle of dots spinning forever. The rest of the functions seem unaffected, though I haven't tried them in-depth. Both search and browse work well in the web player.

Using Spotify 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. Windows Vista Home Basic. Have tried a clean reinstall.

Suggested posts