Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify skips all the songs

PlanPremiumCountryFIDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSuddenly Spotify skips all the songs in que with no sound, re-populates the album that I have played some time a go, goes through that album, and finally "que" is empty....

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country FI Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Suddenly Spotify skips all the songs in que with no sound, re-populates the album tha...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • empty
    no sound
    Play Que
    skip
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays Songs not on Playlist

Hello, I've searched for the answer to this problem but to no avail. I'm a new Spotify user with premium. I haven't made any of my own playlists yet so I selected a few of the existing ones and started playing them. Problem is, after a song finishes,...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I've searched for the answer to this problem but to no avail. I'm a new Spotify user with premium. I haven't made any of my own playlists yet so I selected a few of the existing...
  • GenoS1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Not Playing

PlanPremium DeviceSurface Pro Operating SystemWindows 10 version 1903 My Question or IssueNormally, spotify app for my surface pro had working just fine. But all of the sudden, I get an error message at the top of the screen in blue with white copy a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device Surface Pro   Operating System Windows 10 version 1903   My Question or Issue Normally, spotify app for my surface pro had working just fine. But all of...
  • zplost
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    won't play
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem to find music

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Dell Inspiron 5570Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10My Question or IssueHello, I have problem with my Spotify App on desktop. When I want ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Dell Inspiron 5570 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10 My Questio...
  • GeeksAdvice
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Queue playing

Plan: PremiumUSAWindows 10 & Mac When I go to "Liked Songs" and select a song, if I use the Next button, it isn't playing the next song in the Liked Songs. Instead it's pulling from the Queue list. When I go to the Queue list, it's a bunch of various...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium USA Windows 10 & Mac     When I go to "Liked Songs" and select a song, if I use the Next button, it isn't playing the next song in the Liked Songs. Instead it's pulli...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist and Song Suggestions

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, and PCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueIs there a way to turn off the suggested artists and songs on the home screen on a PC? I know I can skip past it, but I don't want to see it at all when I l...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 9, and PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Is there a way to turn off the suggested artists and songs on the home screen on...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryMaltaDeviceAsus Scar 2 (GL504GW)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having the issuer where both Micrsoft Store and Desktop version of Spotify is telling me "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malta Device Asus Scar 2 (GL504GW) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having the issuer where both Micrsoft Store and Desktop version of Spotif...
  • l3ml
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify automatically changes songs and dont let anything to play

Plan - PremiumCountry - israelDevice - PC - CPU AMD 3900X, MB GIGABYT AORUS MASTER X570Operating System - windows 10 fully updateMy Question or Issuewhen i open my spotify on windows and hit play on playlist or any song the software automatically cha...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Country - israel Device - PC - CPU AMD 3900X, MB GIGABYT AORUS MASTER X570 Operating System - windows 10 fully update My Question or Issue when i open my spotify on wind...
  • ApolloLovell
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Made for you not showing completely on PC

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIsraelDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10)My Question or Issue"Made for you" category on PC (windows 10) showing only 2 mixes while on mobile it shows 5 mixes. Adding a screenshot for clarification

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Israel Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue "Made for you" category on PC (windows 10) showing only 2 mixes while on mobile it shows 5 mix...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Click on currently played track in playlist doesn't highlight that track in playlist

I have a playlist with over 7000 tracks. When I listened to a track and clicked on it in the lower left corner of the windows client the main window switched to the playlist and highlighted the played track before. If I now click on the playing track...

• Music Fan
  • I have a playlist with over 7000 tracks. When I listened to a track and clicked on it in the lower left corner of the windows client the main window switched to the playlist and highlighted the playe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[BUG][Windows] Adding song to playlist for second time, no validation for existing.

PlanFreeCountryBulgariaDevice(Laptop HP)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueIn playlist, section Recomendet songs, after adding a song with mouse right click -> add to playlist -> to playlist X and after adding the song to the playlist X...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Bulgaria Device (Laptop HP) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue In playlist, section Recomendet songs, after adding a song with mouse right click -&g...
  • Shuidong
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity not loading

My friend activity list is coming up completely blank. It was working before I have the option to “find friends” but I already have friends, they’re just not coming up. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted the computer. P...

• Casual Listener
  • My friend activity list is coming up completely blank. It was working before  I have the option to “find friends” but I already have friends, they’re just not coming up. I have already uninstall...
  • Soulfish
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Mutiple Windows users

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue We have a New server computer at work with 2 windows users and 1 spotify account. We have spotify open on both windows users, logged into the same spotify account. When we swit...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   We have a New server computer at work with 2 windows users and 1 spotify account.   We ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop Spotify Auto-Updating

Plan - PremiumUSALaptopWindows 7===========================================================Hey Spotify – you’ve done it again. Why do you keep changing program functionality, particularly of older versions? We went through this a year or so ago. I un...

• Music Fan
  • Plan - Premium USA Laptop Windows 7 =========================================================== Hey Spotify – you’ve done it again.  Why do you keep changing program functionality, particul...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Keeps pausing unless I close the app on another computer - NOT PLAYING SIMULTANEOUSLY

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSomething started happening recently. I have spotify for Windows on my work computer and also on my home computer. If I forget to close the Spotify app on one or the other i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Something started happening recently. I have spotify for Windows on my work computer a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Similar to" tab hasn't updated in a while

PlanPremiumCountryMXDeviceSamsung J5, Android 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe recommendations on the Discover tab haven't updated in a while.This had happened to me before but after the fix applied a few months ago things were wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country MX Device Samsung J5, Android 8 Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue The recommendations on the Discover tab haven't updated in a while. This ...
  • ilikawa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do friends disappear from recent activity?

My Question or Issue I follow my daughter on Spotify and she follows me too. But sometimes she is not visible at all on my friends Recent Activity. in what situation would a followed friend disappear from Recent Activity? If they are in private mode,...

• Visitor
  • ...ollowed friend disappear from Recent Activity? If they are in private mode, do they disappear or continue to show only the last public song played? If they log out of Spotify do they disappear from Recent A...
  • generaldrillham
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app totally unusable

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop app has slowly become totally and completely unusable. In the beginning, it was just songs that would skip past, then half of the made for you playlists would sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop app has slowly become totally and completely unusable. In the beginning, it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files are not linking to Spotify's database entry

Windows 10, latest update At some point in the past, I was able to set a Local Folder and put files into it. Spotify would then recognize many (not all) of these files and play the local file as a result.For example, if I had a local file named "Led ...

• Roadie
  • Windows 10, latest update   At some point in the past, I was able to set a Local Folder and put files into it. Spotify would then recognize many (not all) of these files and play the local fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not playable on desktop, fine on Android phone

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PC, Pixel 3 Android phoneOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have reinstalled my Windows 10 OS as well as Spotify on my desktop PC. I've added my local files to the settings page and now see my local mus...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC, Pixel 3 Android phone Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have reinstalled my Windows 10 OS as well as Spotify on my desktop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes