Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spilled water on keyboard, keyboard stared pressing random buttons and it removed lots of fav songs

PlanFreeCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there any way for Spotify to bring my favourite songs list to what it was on, say, Tuesday (12/03/2019)? It can be earlier than that, but just anything before Wednesday, the d...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there any way for Spotify to bring my favourite songs list to what it was on, say, Tuesday (12/03/2...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • history favourite songs water
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution song keep skipping

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi Guys, Good day,I believe i just found a bug?whenever i played a song in my spotify, and then i go to sound settings, and i disable my active playback. My spotify wil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi Guys, Good day, I believe i just found a bug? whenever i played a song in my spotify, a...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starting with Windows 10 even when disabled? Try this fix

If you're running Windows 10 and can't get Spotify to stop opening when Windows starts - even with the startup option set to "No" in the Advanced section of Spotify's preferences - you may have the Windows app store version of the program installed, ...

• If you're running Windows 10 and can't get Spotify to stop opening when Windows starts - even with the startup option set to "No" in the Advanced section of Spotify's preferences - you may have the W...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • startup
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Did the home tab get removed on spotify?

PlanPremiumCountry NO DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWas the home tab that used to be on Spotify removed from the desktop version? I think there used to be a home tab just above the "browse" tab (see attached picture), but...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  NO   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Was the home tab that used to be on Spotify removed from the desktop version? I t...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs won't show on desktop, only local files

On my desktop the only songs in my playlist shown are local ones, the rest disappeared. But on my phone it's all ok, I can see every song.Ex. on my desktop one of my playlists has 23 songs, all local files.On my phone it has 367, from spotify and loc...

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop the only songs in my playlist shown are local ones, the rest disappeared. But on my phone it's all ok, I can see every song. Ex. on my desktop one of my playlists has 23 songs, all loc...
  • bozzolorenzo00
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Bold Text

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceASUS fx503Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, I am having an issue where my spotify has bold text all of a sudden and it is really giving me a headache. I have tried reinstalling and it fixes it...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device ASUS fx503 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello,   I am having an issue where my spotify has bold text all...
  • ElectroShifts
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify has deteriorated compared to a few years ago - How to make it better?

I think almost everyone who reading this agrees with me... A few years ago, everything was just perfect... almost everything was easy to listening, searching was much better then now, especcially the Desktop version, because it sucks nowadays... You ...

• Regular
  • I think almost everyone who reading this agrees with me...    A few years ago, everything was just perfect... almost everything was easy to listening, searching was much better then now, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no songs appearing in playlists

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue i noticed that a lot of soungs wouldn't play, and not display any title, cover art, or artist. there was no sound, and the progress bar wasn't movingi reinstalled spotify, only to now not hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   i noticed that a lot of soungs wouldn't play, and not display any title, cover art, or artist. there was no sound, a...
  • kriaga20
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

You keep playing me Swedish music even though I'm not Swedish

PlanPremium (the non Swedish premium)CountryHungary (a little south to Sweden) Operating SystemWindows 8.1 (non Swedish) My Question or Issue (in English)Hello, would you please stop playing Swedish music for me? I'm not Swedish, I don't speak Swedis...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium (the non Swedish premium) Country Hungary (a little south to Sweden)   Operating System Windows 8.1 (non Swedish)   My Question or Issue (in English) Hello, wo...
  • dalhax
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded Music

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell Inspirion 15 5000 Series LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to find the music I downloaded, I just signed up for the free 30-day trial of Spotify Premium and Hulu and I proceeded...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Inspirion 15 5000 Series Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to find the music I downloaded, I just sig...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home playlists

How do I close, hide or delete the sugestions at my home in Spotify?I really don't want to see anything about my country.Spotify is my refuge to listen whatever I want, when I want.I hate that stupid sugestions so much and I do not want to see it at ...

• Visitor
  • How do I close, hide or delete the sugestions at my home in Spotify? I really don't want to see anything about my country. Spotify is my refuge to listen whatever I want, when I want. I hate that ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • brazil
    Home
    Suggested
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Thumbnails not working properly

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueChecked on ios and this works fine its own.these are the custom thumbnailsCustom thumbnails aren't working correclty on my own music the thumbnails are all the same for all ...

c6.PNG c5.PNG c3.PNG c2.PNG
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country United States Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Checked on ios and this works fine its own. these are the custom thumbnails Custom ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking a playing song, sends you to the wrong position in a playlist.

https://i.imgur.com/f5RmoM5.gifPlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited States DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueClicking the currently playing song sends you to the wrong index in the playlist.https://i.imgur.com/f5RmoM5.gifWhat I've tri...

• Regular
  • https://i.imgur.com/f5RmoM5.gif Plan Free/Premium Country United States   Device Desktop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Clicking the currently playing son...
  • Meepu
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Full Songlist not Loading

Oh great, another killer feature (bug): Search an artist, then click songs, then page down. You only get 80 with the spinning icon that never leaves.Another KILLED feature of Spotify. Was OK a couple days ago.This is getting pathetic.

• Regular
  • Oh great, another killer feature (bug):   Search an artist, then click songs, then page down. You only get 80 with the spinning icon that never leaves. Another KILLED feature of Spotify. Was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] Sorting Disabled When a Video is One of the Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceApplication on W10Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe table headers for sorting by title, artist, etc are disabled when a video is one of the songs in a playlist. I've seen this in both Rap Caviar and Clout Cu...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Application on W10 Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The table headers for sorting by title, artist, etc are disabled when a video is one of th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ghost Filtering After Clearing Filter

Plan PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809) My Question or IssueNot really an issue, but more of a quirk. When I apply a filter in any playlist I create, it generates a list of all songs related to the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country  United States Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)   My Question or Issue Not really an issue, but more of a quirk. When I ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song info missing

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I just realized a öpissbile bug: for some songs in my playlist, either the enitre column is empty, or parts of info (song title, artis etc) are missing. I also just...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I just realized a öpissbile bug:   for some songs in my playlist, e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

musique introuvable

bonjour/bonsoir voilà mon problème c'est que depuis quelque semaine sur mon pc spotify (free) ne trouve aucune musique exemple je veux écouter therapie taxi mais il y'a rien dans la playlist j'ai essayer de me deco reco de desistaller reinstaller mai...

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.15 - 23.15.03.00.png
  • bonjour/bonsoir voilà mon problème c'est que depuis quelque semaine sur mon pc spotify (free) ne trouve aucune musique exemple je veux écouter therapie taxi mais il y'a rien dans la playlist j'ai ess...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No music showing up in playlist

PLAN PremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuei reinstalled spotify because when i added a song to my playlist it wasn't showing up but now no songs in any of my favorite playlist are showing up at all but on my phone i...

• Visitor
  • PLAN   Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue i reinstalled spotify because when i added a song to my playlist it wasn't showing up but ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically plays if no other audio is playing

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhenever I stop watching a video with audio from youtube or any other website, Spotify will realize that no audio is playing and will automatically ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Whenever I stop watching a video with audio from youtube or any oth...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes