Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify is NOT letting me import music....

So I've got my local files on Spotify, however whenever I click on the 3 dots next to a song that usually brings up a menu to allow me to add the song to a playlist.....nothing happens. I've tried re-importing all of my local songs, I've tried copyin...

• Regular
  • So I've got my local files on Spotify, however whenever I click on the 3 dots next to a song that usually brings up a menu to allow me to add the song to a playlist.....nothing happens. I've tried re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on startup | Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify crashes on start up.Uninstalled Spotify, deleted local folders, restarted pc, reinstalled Spotify and still crashes. Any solution for this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify crashes on start up. Uninstalled Spotify, deleted local folders, restarted pc, reinsta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    startup
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop 1.0.92.390 - Colour gradient line under artist banner

I recently upgraded to Spotify Desktop v1.0.92.390 on Windows 10 (Premium plan), and I immediately noticed that there is a colour gradient line under the artist banner. Please see the attached. Hope you can fix this quickly.

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to Spotify Desktop v1.0.92.390 on Windows 10 (Premium plan), and I immediately noticed that there is a colour gradient line under the artist banner. Please see the attached. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

My Playlist Cover Art Gets Deleted

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Playlist Cover Art Gets Deleted, I made cover art on Photoshop that looks similar to something spotify would make, am I allowed?. I will link the playlist art ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Playlist Cover Art Gets Deleted, I made cover art on Photoshop that lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

player doesn't recognize current song when reviewing same album

Operating System Windows 101. I'm listening to a song2. I click on the album name3. Spotify shows the album with all songs4. the song currently playing, from that very same album, SHOULD appear as "playing", that is, with the "pause" button instead o...

• Regular
  •   Operating System Windows 10 1. I'm listening to a song 2. I click on the album name 3. Spotify shows the album with all songs 4. the song currently playing, from that very same album...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Organize music by genre

I kept wracking my brain trying to figure out how to organize my music by genre until I realized that Spotify had gotten rid of the feature. I've read countless posts requesting this.... Why on earth? I recently decided to switch from Apple Music, bu...

• Regular
  • I kept wracking my brain trying to figure out how to organize my music by genre until I realized that Spotify had gotten rid of the feature. I've read countless posts requesting this.... Why on earth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Find local songs in the Spotify database

PlanFreeCountry Canada Operating SystemWindows My Question or Issue I made a friend of mine a playlist, first through iTunes, and then I imported that playlist - and the songs in it - to Spotify. As it turns out, as almost all the songs are local son...

• Plan Free Country  Canada   Operating System Windows  My Question or Issue   I made a friend of mine a playlist, first through iTunes, and then I imported that playl...
  • darylfrompulse
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Moving a playlist OUT of a/ from folder

My Question or IssueHi. I have a few folders in my playlist-list. If I want to move a playlist out of a folder, back into the mainlist, what have I to do do make it done??? Is there any option like this?? Regards

•   My Question or Issue Hi. I have a few folders in my playlist-list. If I want to move a playlist out of a folder, back into the mainlist, what have I to do do make it done??? Is there any opt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

What's new in 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d?

Spotify just updated to 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d. Where's the change list?

• Roadie
  •   Spotify just updated to 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d. Where's the change list?
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ubuntu device is taking over Spotify

Sinds a while my account has a device, on all my equipments such as iOs, windows etc...., called Ubuntu.I'ts always there and continues playing all the time. When I paused the music Ubuntu unpaused it by itself.When I'm playing on an other device and...

• Sinds a while my account has a device, on all my equipments such as iOs, windows etc...., called Ubuntu. I'ts always there and continues playing all the time. When I paused the music Ubuntu unpaused...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 17 Firewall / Can't change my country in profile

PlanFreeCountryCroatia DeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have the error 17 everytime I try to login with my facebook credentials, I've tried EVERYTHING when it comes to solutions,although I found one regarding the count...

• Plan Free Country Croatia   Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have the error 17 everytime I try to login with my facebook credentials, I...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • country
    error 17
    firewall
    Profile information
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Activity not showing up on friends feed

PremiumUnited KingdomSamsung Galaxy 7, Windows HP Envy, iPad Windows 8 Hi there, My activity doesn't show up on my friend's activity feed, yet I can see theirs. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks

• Premium United Kingdom Samsung Galaxy 7, Windows HP Envy, iPad  Windows 8   Hi there,   My activity doesn't show up on my friend's activity feed, yet I can see theirs. Is th...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • activity feed
    Activity Feed Problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Picture doesn't change

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceComputer (Home built)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When i change my playlists picture it doesn't change, And when i restart spotify it just resets my picture. Anyone know the answer?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Computer (Home built) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When i change my playlists picture it doesn't change, And when i...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution i cant install spotify anymore

Hi, i uninstalled spotify, because i wasn't able to open it anymore (i thought it helps) ,but it wasn't really helpful. since i've uninstalled, i can't download it anymore.Everytime I try to download it in the Windows Store, it says there is a mistak...

•   Hi,  i uninstalled spotify, because i wasn't able to open it anymore (i thought it helps) , but it wasn't really helpful. since i've uninstalled, i can't download it anymore. Everytime...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mini Player

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the most prominent mini player idea, the staff answered: "Windows 10 users can use a smaller mini player with play controls (but no play queue)."How do I do that? I ca...

• Plan Premium Country  Israel Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the most prominent mini player idea, the staff answered: " Windows 10 users can use a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song count

My Question or Issue:Hi everyone I am having an issue with my song count.As I am using both my phone and laptop for spotify I have noticed for my most used play list on my pc it will say I have 9,381 but on my phone it says I have 9,454 Can some plea...

• Casual Listener
  •    My Question or Issue:Hi everyone I am having an issue with my song count.As I am using both my phone and laptop for spotify I have noticed for my most used play list on my pc it will sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Videos only sometimes available

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 pro My Question or Issue I'm having an issue with my account not playing videos, i'm getting the error message, "We're not able to play this video in your current location." This ...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10 pro   My Question or Issue   I'm having an issue with my account not playing videos, i'm gettin...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! failure to import songs

PlanFreeCountryHonduras Operating SystemWindows 10 My Issue: I have a problem about importing music to my playlists. Over time artists hide their albums being denied their reproduction, the songs I could recover them by importing them with the discs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Honduras   Operating System Windows 10   My Issue:   I have a problem about importing music to my playlists. Over time artists hide their albums being denie...
  • mssuro1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Song dissapear from album.

Hi there, the song "Sing About Me, Im dying of Thrist" from album good kid m.a.a.d city is not available, when yesterday i can play the song like ever. Im from Argentina and use spotify in Windows10. thanks ! PS: attached screen from the album and so...

•   Hi there, the song "Sing About Me, Im dying of Thrist" from album good kid m.a.a.d city is not available, when yesterday i can play the song like ever. Im from Argentina and use spotify in Wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files no Longer Syncing With Unplayable Albums on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHP Omen Gaming PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, I began to notice that none of my local files that I have on my computer are playable in my playlists (I included a screenshot of what I am seeing). ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device HP Omen Gaming PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, I began to notice that none of my local files that I have on my computer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • greyed out
    local files
    sync
    unplayable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes