Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! why?

why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**

• Music Fan
  • why did you turn your once promising, unique streaming service into a huge, frustraing pile of cash grab **bleep**
  • fodare
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

scrobbles to last fm

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and hePlan UnlimitedCountry UKUKDevicedesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue No scrobbles to last Fm since last update, other...

• Gig Goer
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and he Plan Unlimited Country UK UK Device desktop Operating System Windows 10 &...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Explicit songs blocked only on desktop app?

PlanFree/Country (Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo currently explicit songs are blocked only on the desktop app, the web version and mobile app both do playback of explicit songs just fine but then they are grayed out in the deskto...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/ Country   (Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So currently explicit songs are blocked only on the desktop app, the web version and mobile app both do pl...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't play music on my pc and my playlists are al empty

PlanPremiumCountryDominican RepublicDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI can listen to my music normaly on my android phone but i can't in my computer, when i go to one of my playlists all of them appear empty (on my phone i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Dominican Republic Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I can listen to my music normaly on my android phone but i can't in my computer, whe...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Sync not working

Device(MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added several songs to my library, then used my phone to listen to the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (MacBook, Windows PC, Android Phone) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have a laptop that I use to listen to music on when I'm not home, I listened and added se...
  • boxofgum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now - Desktop Windows

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 professional(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueNothing plays on my desktop app! I am about to cancel Spotify. No matter what I have tried it does not want to play an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 professional (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Nothing plays on my desktop app! I ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Send phone's local files to computer

I have an S9 and am running Windows 10. I had to reinstall Windows and the only thing I forgot to backup is my local music- so now there are no local files for me to download. However the files are still "synced" and playing on my S9, but are greyed ...

• I have an S9 and am running Windows 10. I had to reinstall Windows and the only thing I forgot to backup is my local music- so now there are no local files for me to download. However the files are s...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i disable Spotify from auto updating?

I installed an older version of Spotify on by PC because the new Spotify doesnt has the features from the past. But after a few times there is this blue point at the right corner and says that an Update is ready. How can i disable this? I dont want t...

• Music Fan
  • I installed an older version of Spotify on by PC because the new Spotify doesnt has the features from the past. But after a few times there is this blue point at the right corner and says that an Upd...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot find Spotify App for Samsung s3

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceSamsung s3 frontier/huawei p20 My Question or IssueI cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app store or on the samsung app store on the phone. Has the app been removed?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Samsung s3 frontier/huawei p20   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to find the spotify app for samsung s3, either on the watches built in app...
  • JNipper
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remove Spotify Playlist

Hello, i would like to remove two playlists created by Spotify:"Your Top Songs 2018" and "Your Top Songs 2017".Both playlists are located in the "Made for you" section inside "Your Library". Is there any way to remove those playlists?Here is an scree...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i would like to remove two playlists created by Spotify: "Your Top Songs 2018" and "Your Top Songs 2017". Both playlists are located in the "Made for you" section inside "Your Library"....
  • juanpablovc94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Spotify can't play this right now..."

Hi Spotify community! So there's a Brian May album on Spotify called Back to the Light, but when i try to play it, it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."This album isn't showing up anywhe...

Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG
  • Hi Spotify community!   So there's a Brian May album on Spotify called Back to the Light, but when i try to play it, it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your co...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Folders within Album

Hi, there, i wanted to know how can i create folders with the "Album" folder. This is because i only hear full albums and not single musics, so the "Playlist" folder is useless to me.Thanks,Leporello

• Hi, there, i wanted to know how can i create folders with the "Album" folder. This is because i only hear full albums and not single musics, so the "Playlist" folder is useless to me. Thanks, Lepor...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Unidentified Remote Spotify Control

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 5T, HP LaptopOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) another device that plays music for me. It comes up as Spotify Web player (C...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device OnePlus 5T, HP Laptop Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) ...
  • ltd2beast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Font Difference

CountryAustraliaDeviceAsus UX360UAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue So recently I've been having this weird font issue where it uses a different font in Spotify compared to the images displayed in: Image for example and seems to use a co...

• Casual Listener
  • Country Australia Device Asus UX360UA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   So recently I've been having this weird font issue where it uses a different font in Spotify comp...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent and incomplete recommendation playlists

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSurface pro 4Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy discover weekly and release radar playlists have become shorter and shorter as the weeks go by until they just update completely empty. I thought this wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Surface pro 4 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My discover weekly and release radar playlists have become shorter and shor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add button rearrange

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceDell Inspiron 7567Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssuePlease add option to rearrange buttons I love full screen mode but its to the rignt and I forget about it.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Dell Inspiron 7567 Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Please add option to rearrange buttons I love full screen mode but its to the rignt and ...
  • mosohodPeti
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feature
    Ideas
    Linux
    Mac
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting on a created playlist

Hi,Recently Spotify started sorting played songs at the bottom of the playlist, HOW can you disable this hugely annoying function? I could not care less to see what songs I have listened. Instead I want to my playlist be in the order I have added son...

• Hi, Recently Spotify started sorting played songs at the bottom of the playlist, HOW can you disable this hugely annoying function? I could not care less to see what songs I have listened. Instead I...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify hidpi support is missing for 4k-5k monitors

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicei7 7700k, 16gb, 1080ti, 1tb SSDOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotfiy is blurly due to the lack of scaling at 5k 150% scaling.

• Plan Premium Country UK Device i7 7700k, 16gb, 1080ti, 1tb SSD Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotfiy is blurly due to the lack of scaling at 5k 150% scaling.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist in Grid View

PlanPremiumOperating System(Windows 7) When on the windows desktop app, Is there a way to have your saved playlists display in a gid fasion with artwork the same as when in Discovery or Recently Played, rather than in a list on the left hand side? Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System (Windows 7)   When on the windows desktop app, Is there a way to have your saved playlists display in a gid fasion with artwork the same as when in Discovery o...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • artwork
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes