Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cosmicbunny
  • Music Fan
  • 223 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 223 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Having an issue with one particular song, and only on my home laptop.

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.A.DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I try to play "First" by Cold War Kids on my laptop, it registers the song as being 44 seconds long, and only plays that much. When I'm using my work PC or my p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  U.S.A. Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I try to play "First" by Cold War Kids on my laptop, it registers the song...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any of the songs in the popular section of an artists page or click "show 5 more"

This is on windows with a premium account. I had this issue before and it lasted months before disappearing. On an artists page where it shows the most popular songs from that artist I can't play them. Clicking them does nothing. Clicking the "show 5...

• Casual Listener
  • This is on windows with a premium account. I had this issue before and it lasted months before disappearing.   On an artists page where it shows the most popular songs from that artist I can't...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

songs are not saved

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My saved songs will not show up in my library on my laptop. I did not reach the maximum of songs or anything else. When I click on 'save to your library' next ...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   My saved songs will not show up in my library on my laptop. I did not r...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Not Showing Up in Sidebar

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Operating SystemWindows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueOnce again, having issues with friend activity showing up on the sidebar - I know that a friend is playing music, but only her username (and none of her music) shows up on...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada     Operating System Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Once again, having issues with friend activity showing up on the sidebar - I kn...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify broken?

Everytime I go on spotify and press play on a playlist/radio station/song, it skips through a load of songs without playing them before coming up with an error message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer y...

• Everytime I go on spotify and press play on a playlist/radio station/song, it skips through a load of songs without playing them before coming up with an error message saying "Spotify can't play this...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Since which version of Spotify desktop app use the integration with Discord?

My Question or Issue What was the first version of the desktop app in add the function of show the current song playing as status of discord desktop app?

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue   What was the first version of the desktop app in add the function of show the current song playing as status of discord desktop app?
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discord
    integration
    version
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Friends Feed, Discover Weekly, or Radio

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueFor nearly two months, my Spotify hasn't show my friends feed. It just gives me the message "Hm, Friends Feed failed to load" and gives me a button to refresh, which doesn'...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue For nearly two months, my Spotify hasn't show my friends feed. It just gives me the message...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Time Zone Error

PlanFreeCountry U.S.Device PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I originally posted this as an 'idea' a few weeks ago and was told to post here instead. As I'm typing this at 1 am ET, spotify is telling me it's been 'Autosaved at 06:15 AM...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  U.S. Device  PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue  I originally posted this as an 'idea' a few weeks ago and was told to post here instead.&n...
  • pissjug
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow button changed to heart button

This morning my artist page "Follow" button has turned into a heart button. It does the same thing as Follow did, but it's much harder to quickly see whether I'm following (hearting? liking?) an artist, since the button is very small and doesn't chan...

• Casual Listener
  •   This morning my artist page "Follow" button has turned into a heart button. It does the same thing as Follow did, but it's much harder to quickly see whether I'm following (hearting? liking?)...
  • BuildaLife
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 19 likes

Stream Counter is not working

Country Germany Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, I have my own music on spotify. The "Spotiy for Artists" app shows me, that I had streams the last 3 days, but the counter doesn't count anything. The number 19,499 isn't changing. N...

• Casual Listener
  • Country  Germany   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi,   I have my own music on spotify. The "Spotiy for Artists" app shows me, that I had stre...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artist
    Counter
    problem
    Streams
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Why was the follow button removed from artist and album pages?

Country England (UK)DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Why was the "Follow" button removed on artist and album pages? It seems odd that features people are used to and use frequently get removed; the same thing happened a few yea...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country  England (UK) Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Why was the "Follow" button removed on artist and album pages? It seems odd that fea...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Desktop client unable to play next song after playing local file

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceDesktop PC running 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd (Windows Store version)Operating SystemWindows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 1713 My Question or Issue Recently I've been having an issue (past one or two months) where Spotify i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Desktop PC running 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd (Windows Store version) Operating System Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 1713   My Question ...
  • esskay94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Disable Explicit Songs?

Is it possible to tell spotify not to play any songs with explicit lyrics? I like to play random playlists or spotify's top lists sometimes but don't like songs with explicit lyrics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan

• Is it possible to tell spotify not to play any songs with explicit lyrics?  I like to play random playlists or spotify's top lists sometimes but don't like songs with explicit lyrics.  &nb...
  • memspotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 587 replies
  • 382 likes
  • 587 replies
  • 382 likes

Auto-play not working

Auto-play is enabled, but Spotify won't play anything after the playlist ends!EDIT: Tried reinstalling Spotify, it didn't work. OS: Windows 10Spotify Free Version: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9

• Regular
  • Auto-play is enabled, but Spotify won't play anything after the playlist ends! EDIT: Tried reinstalling Spotify, it didn't work.   OS: Windows 10 Spotify Free Version: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5c...
  • thinking_kiwi
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound for playing music

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDesktopWindows 10 My Question or Issue I just bought a PC yesterday, and I’ve been trying to listen to music, but everytime I play something the sound doesn’t work, and I know there is a ton of forums for this topic, b...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States Desktop Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I just bought a PC yesterday, and I’ve been trying to listen to music, but everytime I pl...
  • xSkylitDesire
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

After updating windows 10 1803, spotify only show blank fragmant with nothing

PlanPremiumDeviceNew Surface ProOperating SystemWindows 10 1803 updateMy Question or Issue I updated windows 10 1803 this afternoon. Before this spotify works fine on my surface. After the update, I am not able to see the content when opening spotify...

• Plan Premium Device New Surface Pro Operating System Windows 10 1803 update My Question or Issue  I updated windows 10 1803 this afternoon. Before this spotify works fine on my surface. A...
  • javalberdi
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Not Working

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue On desktop, while looking at my Songs, i click the shuffle button and it turns green, but songs play by artist order. When I go to view the Queue, it's all in order by Arti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   On desktop, while looking at my Songs, i click the shuffle button and it turns green...
  • tehSpork
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabled playing local files but app still plays from local files -- and refuses to stream original

Premium, United States. Windows 10 64 bit, desktop computer. I initially had the "Local Files" preferenced turned on, so that Spotify could play my local files. However, I eventually turned this off. Over a year later, there are at least two songs th...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium, United States.   Windows 10 64 bit, desktop computer.   I initially had the "Local Files" preferenced turned on, so that Spotify could play my local files. However, I e...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mixtapes and heart are gone

PlanFrom free to premiumCountryGermanyDeviceNexus 5x and DesktopOperating SystemAndroid Oreo and Windows 10My Question or IssueHey there!I joined spotify as a free user and tested it out a bit and really liked it! I had some mixtapes ready after addi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan From free to premium Country Germany Device Nexus 5x and Desktop Operating System Android Oreo and Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hey there! I joined spotify as a free user and t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I shared a song link with my friend; now he is controlling my Spotify desktop

I shared a song link with my friend. He's now able to control all my music on my PC from his Surface laptop running windows 10, although he can't hear it. He can pause, play, change the current song, and . It's kind of funny but also a little freaky....

• Casual Listener
  • I shared a song link with my friend. He's now able to control all my music on my PC from his Surface laptop running windows 10, although he can't hear it. He can pause, play, change the current song,...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes