Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Não consigo instalar Spotfy no laptop

Tinha o Spotfy funcionando normal no meu laptop Windows 10. Começou a parar a reprodução e vir a mensagem que não era possível reproduzir a música no momento. Desinstalei e agora não consigo reinstalar. Demora e vem a mensagem que não estou conectado...

• Tinha o Spotfy funcionando normal no meu laptop Windows 10. Começou a parar a reprodução e vir a mensagem que não era possível reproduzir a música no momento.  Desinstalei e agora não consigo r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging songs around the application

Spotify version: 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ecWindows version: 10, 64 bit Dragging tracks in the applications seems to be broken, no adorner is attached to the mouse upon drag, and track isn't added to destination Broken functionality includesbut is not limit...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify version: 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec Windows version: 10, 64 bit   Dragging tracks in the applications seems to be broken, no adorner is attached to the mouse upon drag, and track isn't...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dragging
    tracks
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 101 & "offline"

Hey guys! I've had an ongoing issue for a couple of days now and it's getting annoying! I use Windows 10 and I've had Spotify for a while; it's been running smoothly. The other day I turned on my laptop and Spotify said it was "offline" even though I...

• Hey guys!  I've had an ongoing issue for a couple of days now and it's getting annoying! I use Windows 10 and I've had Spotify for a while; it's been running smoothly.  The other day I tu...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t open or delete Spotify

Hey guys, yesterday i tried to open Spotify .... double click....... nothing happend. I watched at the taskmanager and it seems that Spotify is open but not showed by my Pc. If i try to uninstall my pc is telling me that the programm is still running...

• Hey guys,   yesterday i tried to open Spotify .... double click....... nothing happend. I watched at the taskmanager and it seems that Spotify is open but not showed by my Pc. If i try to unin...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's "Top Recommendations For You" not recommending music I listen to

Hello, I've had a problem with Spotify almost only recommending Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal bands in my "Top Recommendations For You" for quite some time now, this is really annoying since I only listen to some music within those genres, and on rare...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I've had a problem with Spotify almost only recommending Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal bands in my "Top Recommendations For You" for quite some time now, this is really annoying since I only li...
  • Psytex
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Message to receiver of new play on list

When I share a new play into a facebook friends shared play list does the friend receiver get a message in spotify of this updated shared play list?

• Gig Goer
  • When I share a new play into a facebook friends shared play list does the friend receiver get a message in spotify of this updated shared play list?
  • kstrid
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music

Recently i have downloaded a playlist to my desktop (Windows), but i have decided to not keep this saved anymore in my PC. So, i just uncheck the "Avaliable Offline" button, but, when i'm offline, i could keep listen the downloaded playlist, even aft...

• Recently i have downloaded a playlist to my desktop (Windows), but i have decided to not keep this saved anymore in my PC. So, i just uncheck the "Avaliable Offline" button, but, when i'm offline, i ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't start or uninstall

My spotify won't start and when I try to uninstall it, it won't. I tried to uninstall it through the control panel, using Advanced SystemCare Uninstaller and CCleaner and nothing worked. I tried to uninstall it in Safe Mode using all of the options a...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify won't start and when I try to uninstall it, it won't. I tried to uninstall it through the control panel, using Advanced SystemCare Uninstaller and CCleaner and nothing worked. I tried to u...
  • kivutar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads keep getting deleted.

I have 3 offline devices; 2 Windows and an Android phone yet with relative frequency I need to re-download my playlists on all my devices as they with annoying frequency my offline content is randomly erased. This as a slight inconvenience with my ho...

• I have 3 offline devices; 2 Windows and an Android phone yet with relative frequency I need to re-download my playlists on all my devices as they with annoying frequency my offline content is ra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not open (and uninstall)

My Spotify Player on Windows 10 does not open (although the process is running in task manager). Uninstall does not work. Adding exception in AVG does not help either (i helped some, as i have read). What next? Help, please.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify Player on Windows 10 does not open (although the process is running in task manager). Uninstall does not work. Adding exception in AVG does not help either (i helped some, as i have read)....
  • LucasJFox
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop the sync between devices

I'm still new to Spotify so I may not have the right terms here. When I play music on the Windows Desktop app, it sort of syncs with my phone and tablet so that whatever playlist I'm on, the devices are on that playlist too.Is there a way to disable ...

• Roadie
  • I'm still new to Spotify so I may not have the right terms here.  When I play music on the Windows Desktop app, it sort of syncs with my phone and tablet so that whatever playlist I'm on, the de...
  • Vanterax
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes

Local files not appearing on Desktop App

Hi I recently added some new music locally but it's not appearing in my Local Files. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

• Gig Goer
  • Hi I recently added some new music locally but it's not appearing in my Local Files. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Reset Public Stream Number?

I recently noticed that the usual stream count for an artist's top songs on their page has been reset. When I go to the page of an artist, the songs all have " < 1000 " for the stream count. Does anyone know if this is a widespread issue or if its ju...

• I recently noticed that the usual stream count for an artist's top songs on their page has been reset. When I go to the page of an artist, the songs all have " < 1000 " for the stream count. Does ...
  • Nategoggs
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play the current track. Classic unistall and caché already tried.

Hello everyone! After every song the playlist is sttoping and I am getting this message of 'Can't play the current track' and since I couldn't find any solutions rather than the 'unistall and delete cache' ones (that ocf I have already tried) I am cr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! 🙂   After every song the playlist is sttoping and I am getting this message of 'Can't play the current track' and since I couldn't find any solutions rather than the 'unistall...
  • olmoknows
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Traspasar cuenta

Hola buen dia, tengo dos preguntas:1. Tengo una cuenta premium con un correo y quiero saber si puedo cambiar esa cuenta premium para usarla con otro correo.Explicacion: Mi cuenta premium la tengo asociada a mi facebook, pero en realidad yo queria usa...

• Hola buen dia, tengo dos preguntas: 1. Tengo una cuenta premium con un correo y quiero saber si puedo cambiar esa cuenta premium para usarla con otro correo. Explicacion: Mi cuenta premium la tengo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The most useful search tool (advanced search syntax) is only usable in the most useless way?

This triggers me to be honest. I can filter general main search (top left) with keywords using AND/OR/NOT etc, but cant do that in my playlist if out of 1000 songs I only want to listen to Drake OR Future. Why? Its so assbackwards.

• This triggers me to be honest. I can filter general main search (top left) with keywords using AND/OR/NOT etc, but cant do that in my playlist if out of 1000 songs I only want to listen to Drake OR F...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Black Screen within the Program (Win 7)

Hey, Spotify has been working good for a couple of months now but a couple of days ago it stopped working. -I can still play music but Stuff like: "Follow, Messages, App Finder, Radio, TuneWiki" it is all black. -Today it also stopped loading most of...

spotify.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey, Spotify has been working good for a couple of months now but a couple of days ago it stopped working. -I can still play music but Stuff like: "Follow, Messages, App Finder, Radio, TuneWiki" it...
  • menoresh
  • 30 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 3 likes

Saved music by artist isn't showing all music

It seems my Spotify app has updated (1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec) and with the update, when I browse in my library by Artist, not all of the albums/music I have saved shows up. However if I navigate to the main artist page, it will show the entire album as ...

• Casual Listener
  • It seems my Spotify app has updated (1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec) and with the update, when I browse in my library by Artist, not all of the albums/music I have saved shows up. However if I navigate to the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

shutting down and restarting every 5 seconds

I normally listen to spotify on my phone without problems, but i am home sick today and am trying to listen on my laptop and i play a song and after 5 seconds the program shuts down and restarts. I logged off and logged back on and it is still doing ...

• I normally listen to spotify on my phone without problems, but i am home sick today and am trying to listen on my laptop and i play a song and after 5 seconds the program shuts down and restarts. I l...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting position shifts after restart

Hey,each time i close Spotify, its saved starting position in regedit shifts by 86 pixel to the left. So when i start it again, it is a bit more left.Dunno why... I guess i have this problem since Windows 10, never tried to solve it.If you need more ...

• Regular
  • Hey, each time i close Spotify, its saved starting position in regedit shifts by 86 pixel to the left. So when i start it again, it is a bit more left. Dunno why... I guess i have this problem ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes