Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Songs on playlist getting cut off

All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?

• All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?
  • TDanino
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Wrong song on pick [BUG]

Picking a song, but the wrong song is played. For an example pick Eminem - Business and instead Eminem - 3 a.m. is playing.

Bug.jpg
  • Regular
  • Picking a song, but the wrong song is played.   For an example pick Eminem - Business and instead Eminem - 3 a.m. is playing.      
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs are being played TWICE AS FAST - speed change??

Hello, couldn't find anything appropriate on the forums yet. I opened Spotify today, just like everytime else, but today, all songs are messed up. Spotify plays them to me with twice the speed as usual. What could I do? Where is the option to edit th...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   couldn't find anything appropriate on the forums yet. I opened Spotify today, just like everytime else, but today, all songs are messed up. Spotify plays them to me with twice the...
  • stevenwtomahawk
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't install spotify (Error code 50)

I have no anti-virus running, and turned off all firewalls. But every time I try and install I still get Error code 50 (Unable to install, check internet connectivity or firewalls). Running a wired ethernet connection to my computer running windows 7...

• Casual Listener
  • I have no anti-virus running, and turned off all firewalls. But every time I try and install I still get Error code 50 (Unable to install, check internet connectivity or firewalls). Running a wired e...
  • J-W-Allen
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Toolbar no longer lets me hover over Spotify icon and change track or pause music

On my PC, the desktop toolbar always shows open applications on the bottom of the screen. When listening Spotify at work, I used to be able to hover my mouse over the Spotify icon in my toolbar rail across the bottom of the screen, and a mini image o...

• Regular
  • On my PC, the desktop toolbar always shows open applications on the bottom of the screen.  When listening Spotify at work, I used to be able to hover my mouse over the Spotify icon in my toolbar...
  • jakezze01
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! discover page not working

Hi, I've been using spotify premium for 3 days (and the free version for much longer than that), and my discover page keeps telling me "to get started, play something you love" - wich I obvioulsy already did. How can I make it work?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been using spotify premium for 3 days (and the free version for much longer than that), and my discover page keeps telling me "to get started, play something you love" - wich...
  • daniel4579
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear queue button

HEY, HERE'S A SUGGESTION!!! AFTER MORE THAN 1.5 YEARS MAYBE IT'S TIME TO ADD SUCH A RUDIMENTARY FUNCTION TO YOUR CLUSTER**bleep** OF A PLAYER??? I don't need any workarounds, especially since none work anymore. I don't want to start playing a new alb...

• Roadie
  • HEY, HERE'S A SUGGESTION!!! AFTER MORE THAN 1.5 YEARS MAYBE IT'S TIME TO ADD SUCH A RUDIMENTARY FUNCTION TO YOUR CLUSTER**bleep** OF A PLAYER???     I don't need any workarounds, espe...
  • dukeofjipjip
  • Roadie
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't launch or uninstall on Windows 8.1 Pro 64

Hi guys, I have been tinkiring with my spotify desltop app for a couple of days now but it seem there's really anymore I can do to make it work again. Basically when launching the program I get the spinning circle for few seconds than everything stal...

• Regular
  • Hi guys,   I have been tinkiring with my spotify desltop app for a couple of days now but it seem there's really anymore I can do to make it work again. Basically when launching the progra...
  • goonie
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio stopped working

I could play Spotify radio yesterday, but now it won't load. I have tried clicking on Radio in the menu on the left and I also tried going to an artist page and selecting "Starta radio baserad på artist" from there, but all I get is the eight grey do...

• Casual Listener
  • I could play Spotify radio yesterday, but now it won't load. I have tried clicking on Radio in the menu on the left and I also tried going to an artist page and selecting "Starta radio baserad på art...
  • snurre
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows/Ubuntu Laptop shared cache

I run spotify on my Windows/Ubuntu dual boot travel laptop. Since I don't always have an internet connection, I rely on the offline mode; but on the other hand, laptop hard drives are expensive and my diskspace is way too limited to download the musi...

• Gig Goer
  • I run spotify on my Windows/Ubuntu dual boot travel laptop. Since I don't always have an internet connection, I rely on the offline mode; but on the other hand, laptop hard drives are expensive and m...
  • raoden
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify accidentally turn off every time

Hello, as in title. Every time i turn on my Spotify and try to play music (e.g. playlist), app is turning off.I tried to reinstall app (with deleting appdata by myself after all) and it doesn't work.I've also logged on another account and there's a p...

• Hello, as in title. Every time i turn on my Spotify and try to play music (e.g. playlist), app is turning off. I tried to reinstall app (with deleting appdata by myself after all) and it doesn't wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the artist i follow list.

Hi, I have a premium account and there is a problem with the artists I follow. Most have disappeared from my list of Artists and only appear a few. I was also the case in the iOS app. Why the artists I'm no longer appear? Thank's

• Hi, I have a premium account and there is a problem with the artists I follow. Most have disappeared from my list of Artists and only appear a few. I was also the case in the iOS app. Why the art...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bloqueo completo de Spotify

Hola buenas, desde hace unos días Spotify no se me inicia. Ni aún entrando como administrador ni nada, estos primeros días he tirado mano del reproductor Web, pero no entiendo por qué me paso a premium para no poder escuchar mi música sin conexión. H...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola buenas, desde hace unos días Spotify no se me inicia. Ni aún entrando como administrador ni nada, estos primeros días he tirado mano del reproductor Web, pero no entiendo por qué me paso a premi...
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify volume is lowered during skype call ONLY when using specific sound output?

Hi, I've got a problem with Spotify Desktop. I currently have my PC plugged in, through HDMI, to an Elgato HD60 Game Capture device, then to HDMI to my HDTV. I have my headset plugged into the TV's headphones jack. Now, whenever I have Spotfiy playin...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I've got a problem with Spotify Desktop. I currently have my PC plugged in, through HDMI, to an Elgato HD60 Game Capture device, then to HDMI to my HDTV. I have my headset plugged into the TV's h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Popup Advertising - How do I remove

I am a Newbe. Would someone be able to tell me how to remove this Adobe Flash Advertising when I try to play my local music media. There is a YouTube clip suggesting to change a HTTPS setting which works but sets Spotify Off Line. If this information...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Newbe. Would someone be able to tell me how to remove this Adobe Flash Advertising when I try to play my local music media. There is a YouTube clip suggesting to change a HTTPS setting which w...
  • AceSteeleYT
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify limiting song volume?

Is Spotify limiting song volumes? As I slide the Sppotify volume slider, the volume changes accordingly, but when I put it like on 30% or so, the volume slowly rises. You can hear the change but not see the slider moving. Also, when I slide it back t...

• Is Spotify limiting song volumes?   As I slide the Sppotify volume slider, the volume changes accordingly, but when I put it like on 30% or so, the volume slowly rises. You can hear the chan...
  • ParaDoX94
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I auto download tracks to my pc app, which I downloaded to my android app?

If you didnt understand the question let me describe it. I commonly use my android app for spotify. So most of my tracks are downloaded in there. I want to syncronise or auto download (whatevet you call it) these tracks to my pc app. But i want it re...

• Regular
  • If you didnt understand the question let me describe it. I commonly use my android app for spotify. So most of my tracks are downloaded in there. I want to syncronise or auto download (whatevet ...
  • fozcam
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect with Facebook - HELP!

Hi there. Well, my girlfriend just registered on Spotify and then wanted to link this account with facebook.But she can't. Whenever she tries to log in to facebook via the Spotify player she gets an error message which you can see on the picture belo...

Error tab.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • Hi there.  Well, my girlfriend just registered on Spotify and then wanted to link this account with facebook. But she can't.  Whenever she tries to log in to facebook via the Spoti...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

lyrics on spotify PC version

I found out that tunewiki is for android for lyrics, but i couldnt fine anything for spotify PC version, can you guys help me ?:) Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I found out that tunewiki is for android for lyrics, but i couldnt fine anything for spotify PC version, can you guys help me ?:)   Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Last Album Track Skipped After Ad

I was just listening to an album at work and an ad was played after the second to last track and then it just looped back to the first track.on the album, completely skipping the last track.

• Roadie
  • I was just listening to an album at work and an ad was played after the second to last track and then it just looped back to the first track.on the album, completely skipping the last track.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes