Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

repeat the same options

it appears the same option twice of followers

• Visitor
  • it appears the same option twice of followers
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NUS Discount Not working

I tried setting up an NUS card on my premium account, however when i put my Date of Birth in, it said "Invalid Date of Birth"? How do I fix this?? The card number worked fine yet whenever I try I can never get it to work because it thinks I've put a ...

• I tried setting up an NUS card on my premium account, however when i put my Date of Birth in, it said "Invalid Date of Birth"? How do I fix this?? The card number worked fine yet whenever I try I can...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

X amount of notifications, only a limited number showing when scrolling down

Hello, all. This has been happening for a while now and I'd like to see it worked out. Today, I logged onto Spotify and found out I had 56 notifications of new releases. Thing is, when I scroll down, it stops at about 20 and the thing doesn't scroll ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, all.   This has been happening for a while now and I'd like to see it worked out. Today, I logged onto Spotify and found out I had 56 notifications of new releases. Thing is, when I s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify last version 0.9.12.10

Hi community,Yesterday was released the last Spotify version 0.9.12.10. For me it looks the same. Did you guys experienced some change? Some new improvement?Regards.

• Roadie
  • Hi community, Yesterday was released the last Spotify version 0.9.12.10. For me it looks the same. Did you guys experienced some change? Some new improvement? Regards.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Restoring followers

How do I restore my deleted followers?

• How do I restore my deleted followers?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug − multiple Janets

I was listening to Janet Jackson, then a song listed that it was by "Janet". I clicked her name and was taken to music from an assortment of Janets, not just Janet Jackson. I was offered the chance to play through this clashing assortment of tracks a...

• Music Fan
  • I was listening to Janet Jackson, then a song listed that it was by "Janet". I clicked her name and was taken to music from an assortment of Janets, not just Janet Jackson. I was offered the chance t...
  • kokociel
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline access withdrawn

I dont understand why, my subscription is fine. Even my phone is fine, however I lost all my playlist here but not on my phone. Any possible solution?

• Casual Listener
  • I dont understand why, my subscription is fine. Even my phone is fine, however I lost all my playlist here but not on my phone.   Any possible solution?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all of my Starred songs

I logged in just now and I don' t have any of my starred songs :cplease please please help

• Casual Listener
  • I logged in just now and I don' t have any of my starred songs :c please please please help
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there "Follow Artist" limit?

I'm wondering if there is limit to following artists in Your Music? I'm painfully, butthurtingly aware of the 10,000 track limit. As a work around I was thinking of just following the remaining artists I can't fit. It's a few extra steps, but I reall...

• Regular
  • I'm wondering if there is limit to following artists in Your Music? I'm painfully, butthurtingly aware of the 10,000 track limit. As a work around I was thinking of just following the remaining artis...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 33 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 33 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist/History empty but still premium

Hello, I just logged in today and my playlist & history is suddenly empty, I've read similiar problems but that also the premium is gone, but that's still there. The playlist is also still available on my Android phone & web player. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I just logged in today and my playlist & history is suddenly empty, I've read similiar problems but that also the premium is gone, but that's still there.   The playlis...
  • PizzaDevil
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my account was overwritten?

My soon to be wife must have been logged into my facebook when she created an account or something, after she created an account it erased all my play lists and now it says I am logged in as her I cannot even log in as me, I re-installed spotify, log...

• My soon to be wife must have been logged into my facebook when she created an account or something, after she created an account it erased all my play lists and now it says I am logged in as her I ca...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slowly accumulating hard drive space

Here's the skinny. It seems that Spotify is slowly taking up more and more space. When I've left Spotify running over the period of a few hours (while in my dorm room homeworking or some such business), I'll check OS (C:) and there will be less space...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the skinny.       It seems that Spotify is slowly taking up more and more space.  When I've left Spotify running over the period of a few hours (while in my dorm room h...
  • Business-Socks
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide Music Announcements on Browse page

I have the "hide music on discover page" checked, and they are hidden when I go to the discover tab on the browse page, but I don't want announcements ever. Thanks! (I'm on version 0.9.12.10)

• Music Fan
  • I have the "hide music on discover page" checked, and they are hidden when I go to the discover tab on the browse page, but I don't want announcements ever. Thanks! (I'm on version 0.9.12.10)
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Installation failure

Hello. I've been using spotify for a longer period, but suddenly one day it would not open. I delete spotify and tried to reinstall it . But it's like spotify did not install completely. When I start SpotifySetup it downloads and install spotify but ...

• Regular
  • Hello. I've been using spotify for a longer period, but suddenly one day it would not open. I delete spotify and tried to reinstall it . But it's like spotify did not install completely. When I s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App for windows Surface Tablet

Any update on when Spotify might become available for Windows store anybody? Thanks!!

• Any update on when Spotify might become available for Windows store anybody? Thanks!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify quick share feature

So i have spotify 0.9.7.16 and i miss the feature of dragging a song over someones name to share it like in 0.9.1. is there a way to get it in 0.9.7? i will not be updating past 9.7 because i hate the big bulky black theme and everyones pissed about ...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have spotify 0.9.7.16 and i miss the feature of dragging a song over someones name to share it like in 0.9.1. is there a way to get it in 0.9.7? i will not be updating past 9.7 because...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mojibake AKA Scrambled Japanese Text

Hey there so I just got spotify and its a pretty solid service (Save for some musicians I like not being on there) but I ran into a problem when I went to browse my local files, that being the dreaded Mojibake. For those not in the know its an error ...

• Hey there so I just got spotify and its a pretty solid service (Save for some musicians I like not being on there) but I ran into a problem when I went to browse my local files, that being the dreade...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why isn't it possible to search through an artists page with CTRL+F anymore?

I find this frustration I used to use the CTRL+F function a lot, for example to find which album a song in the "Popular" list belongs. Now i have to first use the main search function, to see the name of the album, and then manually scroll through th...

• I find this frustration I used to use the CTRL+F function a lot, for example to find which album a song in the "Popular" list belongs. Now i have to first use the main search function, to see the n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio ad stops playing

Hello, Usually when audio ad starts playing and I click on next song I want to play, it shows a message "(song name) will play after the commercial message". Now when I play a song from desktop app for Windows with latest version from Top Lists and i...

• Hello,   Usually when audio ad starts playing and I click on next song I want to play, it shows a message "(song name) will play after the commercial message".   Now when I play a s...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant get music to play

Certain albums will not play, have cleared cache, and reinstalled spotify.

Untitled.png
  • Visitor
  • Certain albums will not play, have cleared cache, and reinstalled spotify.
  • kylitooo
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes