Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Unadvertised P2P feature

I am not very happy with Spotify right now. I was doing some work in my router when I noticed that Spotify had opened some ports via UPnP. I found this a little strange and after some googleing I discovered Spotify uses a P2P network for its content....

• Casual Listener
  • I am not very happy with Spotify right now. I was doing some work in my router when I noticed that Spotify had opened some ports via UPnP. I found this a little strange and after some googleing I dis...
  • openstar53
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlists can't be seen on notebook, but are avaiable on ipad

Hello guys, after an automatic starting update I'm not able to see my playlists on my notebook. Using my ipad, all my playlist are still avaiable. I logged out and logged back in to spotify on my notebook, still the same: no playlists! Can anyone hel...

• Hello guys,   after an automatic starting update I'm not able to see my playlists on my notebook. Using my ipad, all my playlist are still avaiable. I logged out and logged back in to spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Profile and Playlist

I tried removing Spotify from my Facebook account and it deleted my Spotify account entirely. When I tried to sign into Spotify solo, not using facebook, it created a new account and my playlist is no longer there. Any way I can have my old account b...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried removing Spotify from my Facebook account and it deleted my Spotify account entirely. When I tried to sign into Spotify solo, not using facebook, it created a new account and my playlist is n...
  • misssmassacre
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

problems switching radio stations

Seems that when I'm listening to an artist radio and I get bored and want to go to something else, I can use the "create new station" function. But if I don't know what I want to listen to and go to Discover, if I select artist radio from anywhere el...

• Regular
  • Seems that when I'm listening to an artist radio and I get bored and want to go to something else, I can use the "create new station" function. But if I don't know what I want to listen to and go to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching off line not working

I am having problems searching when off line. This has all started to happen since the last update - no 'library' to search in. Any thoughts before I leave Spotify and find something else?

• I am having problems searching when off line. This has all started to happen since the last update - no 'library' to search in.   Any thoughts before I leave Spotify and find something else?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removed Facebook Integration, now two accounts?

Ok so i tried removing facebook from spotify and spotify freaked out and bacically made a new account, now my old account is just numbers. i have tried using just the numbers as the name but that doesnt work, any ideas?

• Visitor
  • Ok so i tried removing facebook from spotify and spotify freaked out and bacically made a new account, now my old account is just numbers. i have tried using just the numbers as the name but that doe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Desktop APP Column Adjustment Does Not Save

Not sure if this has been reported. I have found a small bug under Your Music in Songs. What happens If you adjust the column width and then log out, close the app, log back in and let the browse load fully, the position a user moved the column width...

• Visitor
  • Not sure if this has been reported. I have found a small bug under Your Music in Songs.   What happens If you adjust the column width and then log out, close the app, log back in and let the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Double radio stations appearing?

I made a radio station but when it appeared it appeared twice. I am able to delete one but not the other. When I click on the one I can't delete it just goes into an infinite loading cycle. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

• Casual Listener
  • I made a radio station but when it appeared it appeared twice. I am able to delete one but not the other. When I click on the one I can't delete it just goes into an infinite loading cycle. Anyone ha...
  • Darthvoider
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find a playlist I know an artist has created.

A few weeks ago I saw that Josh Pyke had created a playlist and I foolishly didn't follow it, thinking I could find it again by going back to his artist page, but it's not there. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • A few weeks ago I saw that Josh Pyke had created a playlist and I foolishly didn't follow it, thinking I could find it again by going back to his artist page, but it's not there. Any ideas?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline files from an external hard drive

I have my mp3 collection on an external hard drive. Some of these files are included in my offline playlists - those I listen most often. However, if the hard drive isn't connected, Spotify still tries to access those mp3s from the drive, not from th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my mp3 collection on an external hard drive. Some of these files are included in my offline playlists - those I listen most often.    However, if the hard drive isn't connected, ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble launching desktop Spotify

I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now I cannot log back in. I have tried using my facebook information, but tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now  I cannot log bac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing shortly after launch, then becomes unkillable task. (Win7)

I have been having this problem for sometime now, on multiple updates. It is quite random though, meaning that it doesn't always happen. Basically Spotify will start up like normal and it will allow me to play music for about a minute then the music ...

• Regular
  • I have been having this problem for sometime now, on multiple updates. It is quite random though, meaning that it doesn't always happen. Basically Spotify will start up like normal and it will allow ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared Songs with the Public

Hi Guys, I meant to send a song to a friend and it contained a long message I didnt want the public seeing. I know you can't delete it but it still sits atop the "discover" page a week later. I really want this gone. Can anyone help me? I deleted it ...

• Hi Guys, I meant to send a song to a friend and it contained a long message I didnt want the public seeing. I know you can't delete it but it still sits atop the "discover" page a week later. I r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlists still visible on profile.

I have 4 visible playlist on my profile that has been deleted a while ago, but they are still available for everyone to see, and I can't re-delete them. I read some posts and I saw that you re-assigned the playlist to the user so he could re-delete t...

• I have 4 visible playlist on my profile that has been deleted a while ago, but they are still available for everyone to see, and I can't re-delete them. I read some posts and I saw that you re-assign...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly low volume after updatie

I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume returns to normal. Kinda annoying, but not as anno...

• Casual Listener
  • I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play one particular album

I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that album on the web player and the iPhone app. Also, t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that ...
  • tohoq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Import music

It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1 on a surface pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1...
  • Crasmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nicer on the eyes, but for whatever reason all the text has...

• Roadie
  • Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nice...
  • maharv23
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes

Local tracks duplicates

hi everyone, hope you guys can help me.I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track becomes 30min long, since the song is repeated like ...

• Regular
  • hi everyone, hope you guys can help me. I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track...
  • crilla
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why!

Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.

• Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes