Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Windows 10 app

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can login in web browser and iPhone app, but I cannot login in the windows 10 app, tried it in my work computer and in my personal computer, it says that my username or password are incorrect (auth:2) but they arent, as I can login in browser and iphone app.

6 Replies

Hey there @motoc4,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

We suggest trying a clean reinstall of the app and clearing your hosts file. This way the app and it's connection to our servers get rebuilt from the ground up. 

It's also a good idea to try logging in to your Spotify account via both the MicrosoftStore version as well as the one you can download from our website.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try using our WebPlayer and letting us know how it goes?

Hope this does the trick. Keep us posted if you have further questions.

Have an awesome day. 

Hey Ivan

I've already tried this, I installed using MS Store, Full Installer from Spotify web site and nothing works.

Using the webplayer or the iPhone app works fine.

Hey there @motoc4,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try resetting your password and logging in again? You should also check if your Windows Firewall and antivirus settings have the necessary exceptions for the Spotify app.

We recommend that you also follow the steps in this article to see if you have a secondary account. It's possible that you are logged in with one account on the web player and your phone, but try to log in with another in the app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Have a nice day!

Hey Peter, thanks for the answer

I've already tried this and tried again, still not working, I'm using the same account/email on all devices, but only in Windows App (windows store/full installer) this doesnt work

Hey there @motoc4,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that you have two accounts with us that were registered with the same email address. That could happen if you created an account directly through Spotify and one via Facebook. If you're not able to locate your second account, you can reach out to Support team here. They'll be more than happy to take a look at your email backstage and determine if that's the case.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on. 

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks Mihail

It was exactly that, I had to accounts with same email because of Facebook, the support team helped me.

Suggested posts