Country

Europe

Device

(Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have a problem with spotify web player..I'm a FREE user and i'm using a laptop windows 10...I have tried every available browser (chrome,mozilla,opera,dragon,vivaldi,microsoft edge etc) but everytime i log in to my account i can't view any ads or banner ads.I even tried to create a new account but i still have the same problem.I have attached below a photo with the issue.I even tried to clear history and cookies but i have the same issue.I don't use any ad block app and my broswer settings are programmed to allow ads.My sister and friends have the same issue with their free accounts from their own laptops.Any idea why is this happening? Thank you !
1.jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @verygoodnews201!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Could you try using the web player on a different network to see if that makes a difference? For example you can try creating a hot spot from your phone and using that network.

We'd also recommend checking that your anti-virus program is not blocking any scripts for the Spotify web site.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if this also happens when using the desktop app version?

Keep us in the loop. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Elena,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried from another network and laptop but i still face the same problem.I don't have any anti-virus program in my computer.I did try the desktop app version and it works there.I mean sometimes it plays the ads and sometimes not.Is there anything else that i can try ? 

Thanks for the reply @verygoodnews201!

If this only appears with specific ads, could you let us know what happens when you click on the banner?

Are you taken a working web page or do you get an error message?

You also mention that you have a computer running Windows 10. That OS uses Windows Defender to secure your device, it's worth checking the settings there to make sure the Spotify website is not being blocked.

We'll be on the lookout for your update!

ElenaModerator

Hello Elena,Thank you for your quick reply

I just checked my windows Defender options and i made some changes...After i saw that it  didn't work i restored the Windows Firewall to default settings but still nothing.

Let me explain what is happening

When i use the spotify web player i can't see any banner above the song bar (it's the photo that i uploaded when i wrote this topic.When the songs are playing there are no banners and when an ad is playing it's always the spotify premium ad..No ads from a sponsor and i can guess that the artists don't get paid from these kind of ads.

As for the windows desktop app i can see sponsor ads and banners with ads but sometimes the ads get stuck and i have to close and reopen the app .

I don't know what else to do to fix it.Any other ideas?

Thanks for the detailed explanation @verygoodnews201!

We have some other tricks that you can try to solve this.

You mention that you've tried opening the web player in different browsers but can give it a shot in an incognito window?

We'd also recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer and following the steps under checking your hosts file. 

One last thing, since your sister and friends also experience this, are you folks by any chance using the same network?

We appreciate your cooperation on this and we'll keep an eye out for your response.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

Hello Elena,

Thank you for reply.I tried everything that you wrote in your previous message but i still have the same issue.

I had already tried from an icognito window but i tried again and it still not working.In fact when i opened this one and created a new account to test it there weren't banner ads or ads between the songs at all and i had to log out and create a new one to see the broken banner .I have noticed the same issue when i  clear the cookies from my browser too.

I also checked the new article that you sent me,i followed every step but there isn't any problem with the host file (no reference on spotify or fastly in my host file)

As of your other question, my sister and friends have their own laptops and networks and still face the same problem as me.

Is there anything else that i can do ?

This is my host file

hostfile.jpg

Suggested posts