"We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app"

Solved!
Solution!

Re: "We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app"

Casual Listener

In the latest version of the Spotify phone app, you should be able to fix it.

1. Search for the affected arist's page on the Spotify phone app. You will need to go to their artist page.

2. Ordinarily there should be a Follow button up the top right near the artist name, there is like a  🚫 symbol. Click on that.

3. You will need to restart the Spotify app on your desktop.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: "We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app"

Casual Listener

You can try adding a song to your library, it worked several times for me.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I contacted Spotify support on Twitter @spotifycares and they were able to fix the issue by logging in to my account and unblocking those artists. Apparently, that's the only way to fix this and there is no option in the interface for it.

Highlighted

Worked like a charm.  Thanks.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have logged into the app on my mobile. This solution does not work. There is not such a symbol or Follow button up.

Highlighted

Visitor
Thanks for that worked perfectly - Wish Spotify would stop stuffing about with my frikin settings
Highlighted

Click on the three dots on the top right corner in the artist's page, you'll then see the "Allow to play this" option.

SUGGESTED POSTS