Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Cloud Files

Today we have 'Local files' that allow us to include, well, local files in our playlists etc. And this works well on my local machine. But as I have a home machine, work machine, my phone and my wife's phone these files are not available across them all. So I would love to see a 'Cloud files' feature. 

Cloud files would allow me to upload/sync my local music online (either to Spotifys own servers or using a 'hook' to Apple/Google/others) and then those files would be equaled to music provided by Spotify.

I would clearly pay extra for this option (30 NOK pr. month?). 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Favoritalia

I often miss in my playlists some special mixes of songs, my own pruductions or other audio material that is not available on Spotify. 
It would be great, to buy an additional Spotify feature - private cloudspace, where I can upload my private files and include them in my Spotify playlists. 
So I can listen to ALL of my music directly in Spotify and don’t need to switch to other services like SoundCloud, YouTube & co. 
The uploaded files are ONLY for me and private, they can’t be shared to other members, so even copyright issues does not exist. 
Cloudspace can be sold monthly, e.g. 10 GB for EUR 3,-

Its a win-win for both, Spotify (selling cloudspace, customer loyalty) and the user who has all his music in one system.  

haritvsmurali

Spotify should consider brining Cloud Locker Feature like YouTube Music, Apple Music & iBroadcast to upload personal music collections to cloud and stream them online.

AuctusXV

Apple Music and YouTube Music do have it! Why Spotify (The best streaming service) can't use this feature! Yes they just added local files, but it's a little too late since most of Android phones don't use MicroSD cards anymore. It would be greatly appreciated to use this feature!

Plazmex8

I don't get it. We were asking for this feature for 10 years now...! At this point Spotify doesn't care what their customers want, they lost the streaming war.. 

MaxBox

I mean, that's the most annoying part. They absolutely won the audio streaming war, so they know they don't need to offer this extra feature. So frustrating. 

ReginaldW050877

Hi,

Spotify's library does not contain a lot of music that I love that I listen to. It is not available, yet. I do have the music saved in my cloud drives---some in Google Drive and others in OneDrive.  

It would be a great idea if there was a way to connect our Spotify accounts to a cloud drive where we can play our music stored there in the Spotify app--similar to how we can play our local files using the Spotify app.  I remember Microsoft Zune/Xbox Music/Groove Music had this ability before the program/service was shuttered.

As part of the integration, Spotify should offer an option under Privacy in our profile/accounts where we will consent/not consent to providing data from our listening habits in this regard. Not only would this data be used by the Spotify AI to curate our listening habits, but also it would provide valuable feedback to Spotify about music that users listen to that they should try to acquire rights for on Spotify. One last plus to the creation of such an integration: I hope that the "listens" that are tracked by Spotify from streaming music from cloud drives is credited to the artists so that it feeds into their royalty pay.

Thanks for reading my idea,

R 🙂

attiliokulli

I know this has been already requested but all the cases are "closed - doesn't meet requirements".

I personally chose another streaming platform just because of this functionality and as I could see, a lot of people have asked for this feature in Spotify.

You always closed the other ideas saying there aren't enough votes but if you sum all the votes in every post of this type of idea you'll see I'm not the only one.

I like Spotify as a streaming platform and a powerful music social media, but I will still prefer the competition for this missing functionality. 
I've seen another post where you replied to not just say what we want but also explain how to do it, ok: Apple implemented on Apple Music this functionality by using an old service called "iTunes Match", which was developed in 2011 before even Apple Music launched. You can get ideas from there. You can add files to a PRIVATE cloud (so you prevent piracy because you CANNOT share with others), play them form anywhere and adding them onto your personal playlist among songs from the Spotify library.

That would be cool and destroy the competition.

I really hope this post will be seriously taken in consideration

Alex
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

shortsadlife

It would be great if I could scrape local files from my liked songs and add them to playlists via the Spotify API.

Kaleidox

idk if this is necessary since if you make a playlist of all local files from your pc, and then download that playlist to your mobile device, songs are sent to your mobile device