Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
BrianDuffy

I just registered to say that it is hideous. 

LiE

Totally agree the new icon looks too small now against a dark background, which alot of people will have because OLED. Please fix this so Spotify doesn't look like it has an unnecessarily small icon. 

spotify_icon.png

I thought my icon set was **bleep**, but turns out it is an official icon. Why? I don't see how that border improves anything. Even on lighter themes. 

mwale

Easy solution: icon packs

LiE

An icon pack isn't an option for those who don't want to run a launcher. I like stock launcher on my Google Pixel.

cjvautour

Legit worst icon of any all ever! So disgusting and hideaous! What's wrong with these idiots?Screenshot_20190426-075258.png

cainamaturo

I've seen some bad decisions from Spotify on Android over the last few years, like the removal of the filter/search playlist feature (now hidden within a menu) BUT this one really bugs me, it just looks awful. I remember when Spotify had attention to every little detail.

kadiz

This is flat out hideous. I am seriously considering canceling my premium and moving to another streaming service because of this.

Updated on 2019-04-27

Hi there @AnthCristiano,

Thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Community! I've marked your idea as a New Idea, as well as reworded your title to include your suggestion.

Alenjak7

Hey @user-removed, how about you look up the definition of "duplicate" before you change my post that came before this post? Thanks so much in advance. 🙂