Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Going back on queue

Something that has always frustrated me about the queue on Spotify is how you cannot go back to a song after it’s been played on the queue. Sometimes I just want to go back to a song I played on the queue but instead it plays the song or album that I started playing before I started my queue. I don’t want to have to make a playlist for when I just want to listen to a couple albums or a couple songs I know I like. I really hope this can change.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ben_Ashmore

I think that when you queue a song it should be permanently in the queue and not leave the queue once it is finished playing so if the song finishes and you want to listen to it again you don’t have to re add it to the queue you can just go back to it

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-06-13

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you may also want to check out and add your vote to this similar idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-01-29

Hey @Adjoa,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Cheers!

Wanal

Spotify, I am not coming back to your platform until this is a thing

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! When listening to Spotify on a mobile device, there is currently no feature for viewing listening history; so I sometimes forget which specific songs I had added to the queue. This idea would enable one to easily revisit these tracks, without having to remember or search for them again.

ngallinelli

pleaseeeeee do this

Ouap

Totally agree, this should be a thing !

AyuTheHuman

I hope this gets implemented!

I usually would put a song that seems interesting to me- well a lot of songs, actually, then when it ends- I find I like it, but it's disappeared from the queue and it would take more time than I wanted to find the song to put it in a playlist.

ivantheperson

Seriously I don't understand why it does this

pizzicatoiv

Queue shouldn't exist. The best way to do this is by allowing "Play Next" and "Play Later" queuing. Currently there's two queues: "Up Next" and "Queue." Queue has priority as long as it's not empty and it clears as it plays. "Play Next" should insert at the current position in a single session playlist where back and forth work like any other playlist. This gives "back" as requested and way clearer playlist semantics