Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.

Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not order our playlist columns as we see fit?

So a detailed, easily accessible, log after each update would sort this. In this log should be a list of all the changes made with each update, and with the reasons why the changes were made. This is most important.

We pay for this service. Why should we be left utterly confused with each update? We're left to scurry over to this forum, where your lackeys (who actually aren't on the development team) have no choice but to say 'I don't know' to each question, and with each request to implement back a feature in the Ideas section, the only response is 'This is not a priority'.

What's wrong with some honesty, eh?

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

Comments
thedoc31

It's rather clear that Spotify, even from the start, has not paid much attention to the userbase or participated in the community as much as it should. Case in point: the abrupt switch from "Starred" to "Saved" lists without any notification.

@meahtenoha - I refuse to believe that Spotify is not using some kind of internal ticket tracking system like JIRA or github which could easily provide a dump of the titles of tickets changed/bugs fixed in each release. We don't need to see the full conversations in the ticket, and a release blog is not sufficient in this day and age. You have to understand that the perception you are putting forth is that Spotify is operating and making decisions in a vacuum and that the dev team actually has something to hide. Is that really the perception you want to have?

NAJS

I wish i wasnt so dependent on Spotify, all their bull**bleep** makes me cringe - if a better alternative ever comes up ill change in a f-king heartbeat.

All reasons for this is mentioned in this thread already.

TrevorX3

I still find it hard to believe a company with so many resources is unable to provide a change log or release notes. Even worse, it's taken repeated attempts to even get a single response.  Years have gone by without an update, and while we are being told 'it's not in the works' at the moment, that doesn't make up for the darkness we've had for so long. 

Also the lyrics update - 5 months later still nothing - 

SpotifyCares 
@SpotifyCares
Jun 05

@TrevorX3 Hey! We can confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. We're making some big improvements to the feature. Stay tuned /CR

Spotify is as synoymous with music as iTunes at this point.  What a terrible way to care for a userbase.  The worst part is - they can, and are getting away with it.  I continue to pay for this service even though I, as a user, am not aware of what the service entails/what I'm downloading to my computer, phone, and tablets.

I'm checking out Amazon Music at the moment... same price and 30 day free trial. I haven't had the application on Windows long enough to know if they do change log, but the App Store version does have a version history that usually has more than just "bug fixes".

dougc84

"No plans to implement this" means a lazy staff that doesn't care about their customers.  Seriously, this would take 2 minutes for someone to write out from scrum notes.  Stop being friggen lazy.

mzso

Meanwhile is there still a way to block (increasingly trashy) updates?

kpolljonker

Wow.. Just simply no changelog huh.

So far, every single time that I end up on this forum, save 1 (justonce) I end up disappointmented.

400+ kudo's for ideas I consider the basic standards of software development in the first place just get shot down as if Spotify is run by one guy in his spare time. I bet if databases were hacked and passwords leaked it would take them a month to come around to planning an announcement on that. It's sad.

groovenectar

ಠ_ಠ

orshick

Totally unacceptable. Seconding the idea that I would jump to a different service that at least tried to act like they cared about their user base.