Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Ondrey

REMOVE JOE ROGAN

Podcast **bleep** all over the place. I'll be setting my subscription update to : "not right now."

ibibik

remove top shows section. 

jasonallenross

I have somehow gotten a podcast called "**bleep** TOWN" in my suggestions. I don't know what the podcast is about. I don't particularly want to know. I run the application at work and screen share with colleagues, this is definitely not safe for work. I don't particularly want to explain it to my daughters or wife. Or mother. Or mother-in-law. Or any house guest. 

Note: I don't care about the actual existence of this podcast and I'm not a prude. If people like it, then fine, listen to it. I just want to be say "I'm not interested" and have it removed from my Suggestions. 

Edit: the fact the name of the podcast (slang for the emission from a male as a part of mating) was automatically bleeped on this forum only underscores my point.

Mativcp
Yes exactly…I think the same… being able to choose what to remove those things that has nothing to do with you…your preference or even history…in my case just once listened to a podcast in a particular situation and it never got removed from Thad section even y never again listened to it again….REACT SPOTIFY…Hear the users!!!
gnla

this never bothered me so much until Joe Rogan became a permanent feature of my homepage...right in the middle where my eyes can't avoid it. I'm beginning to hate logging on to Spotify and seeing this. Please give me a choice on what I have on my homepage so I can dive into playing what I want and not what Spotify wants me to want. Sorry, I just don't want to listen to Joe Rogan. Surely my choice as a premium member paying every month?

ssmon

Just to reinforce the last @GNLA post that I agree 100 percent. I really dislike Joe Rogan, and the main reason I will NEVER listen to an episode of him on Spotify is just because of the thought  of not been able to remove him from my history or start getting recommendations similar to him.

This issue, is not only affecting us as users, our experience and our psychosis, but 100 percent affecting how much we use Spotify. They are missing on an opportunity to SELL things we are interested, just because they want to sell one specific thing disregarding our interests. 

As I mentioned on my previous post, I do no mind recommendations, I WANT recommendations i just want to be able to tell what recommendations I do not want. 

gb79a

Honestly I can't think of an app I hate to have to use more than Spotify.  Just let us get rid of the sh*t we don't want to see, it's a REALLY simple thing.

LumpyEmu

Can't believe this still isn't a thing. I have all kinds of podcasts and other **bleep** I don't use at all advertised above my personal playlists and such. Very annoying and ugly on my screen. Please let us customize!

ninnin_7000

Ugh, the most annoying thing is to have your homescreen destroyed because someone played some music you don't like and used your account/device.  Please allow us to edit it. It doesn't even have to be on the Android or iOS app. EVEN JUST DESKTOP WOULD BE OKAY