Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
oberkvlt

Thank you for your update on 2023-02-23.

That's great, because that's exactly not what we want. Podcasts recommendations still show on the homescreen and I don't ******* care.

huntg

How the **bleep** is it the case that you STILL haven't added the really simple option to remove a show from 'your shows'? It would take your developers less than a day.

Idiots.

stevenCsaunders

Why is this not a priority??? I have podcasts that I listened to 1 minute total still peppering the top of my home screen.  I’d rather have no suggestions than suggestions I can’t customize. 

BabyEcho0_YT
hey if there going to be a custom start screen i would like to make
something when you open spotify
Rolan1

Plan

Duo

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I do not want to be presented with autogenerated playlists or mixes.  Frankly, all I want is a history of what I've listened to, my own library/playlists and some search functionality.

I don't like being bombarded with music from people I couldn't care less about.  I also have no desire to hear more music like the music I'm already listening to.

Could you please allow me to disable Any and all suggestions of what spotify thinks I would like to listen to?  I actively do not want Spotify to give me any suggestions, promotions, etc.  I want to actively choose the things I listen to, and all the advertising for various artists is deeply distracting.  I greatly dislike it.  I could understand this format if I weren't paying for the service.

I don't see any options for turning off any of the "Made For <User>" or "Top Mixes" or "Shows you might like".  I like the possibility of using those features, but I only want to use them if I'm actively searching for new content.

Please consider adding this functionality, as I'm considering going back to just purchasing my own music - at least then I'll always have access to it, instead of purchasing a subscription which isn't working with how I want to listen to my music.

Thanks

hemitris

So you guys force users to vote in the asinine system and refuse to implement it when it passes. Dev and product team run by apes.

ay4h7optu6tw7

This has 12,000 up-votes, was originally asked for 4 years ago, fixes an extremely annoying bug that is still a problem on every platform (mobile and desktop), and it still is not a priority? What's the point of Spotify having this "Vote" widget if they ignore everything users ask for anyway. Hellooooooooooo

RobFromOckham

I can only think this is because Spotify are pushing podcasts at users for financial reasons. It's the content where premium users still get served ads.

How many votes does it take for Spotify to respect the wishes of its users ?
It makes me laugh when I read sentences like: "the community's opinion is very important to us".

Magnvs

Evidently it takes more than 12 000 votes! Vote with your wallets guys, freeyourmusic.com will transfer your playlists to practically any other streaming service or you can do as I do again, BUY CDs!