Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
87brybry

I listened to peaceful piano music over a year ago a few times and it still poisons my Spotify. Yesterday I was in my car, clicked some 'play' button and there it was again! Also there are two items under 'My shows' that I would like to get rid of. One of them is 'Learn Dutch..', while this is my native language.

I finally took the effort to see of I could chane this and personalize my start screen but I find it rather disturbing to see that there are so many people with the same problem. This idea has almost 11000 likes. Eleven Thousand! There are 109 pages full of comments, starting 4,5 years ago and nothing happens? Same goes for the items arte_nm listed in this idea.

I've been a paying Spotify user for years but it's things like this that push me in another direction.

-gp3_vseu8j1w

This is absolutely unacceptable. Allow us to customize what we see on the homescreen. 

I don’t want to see something that I accidentally clicked repeatedly every time I open the app or use CarPlay. 

someone over there needs to be fired for this. I’m about to lose my mind and stop giving you money. I’ve paid over $1500 to Spotify and I expect these simple options like customization on the Home Screen. This is absolutely unacceptable. 

We really just need to forget about this. It is apparent there will be no
official response.

HattieJosh

Good job on the mods moving my complaint to something entirely unrelated. Really appreciated it

zo_fo_draziw
I'm going to open a support ticket requesting they delete my play history,
and I'm going to keep opening tickets to request this about once every 1-2
weeks.

If support gets enough tickets on a new type of issue, they're more likely
to escalate it to product, as the work they have to do to resolve requests
starts costing real money.

-3-

How is this not an option by default? 
So simple to implement, and such a base level feature. I don't want to be greeted by suggestions to listen to something I checked out once. Other platforms handle this better... Not sure I'm going to stay subscribed if there isn't even a basic level of user experience consideration going on with Spotify...

egroeg

So in the idea “https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcast... the vote count is currently 6279 and the status update says: “Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.”.

This idea has 10921 votes, so how come this idea is not reaching “the internal teams at Spotify”? 

I am a premium paying user, how come I have the same start screen as a non paying user? Shouldn’t I get more flexibility in the app? Customer service and experience?

Thx in advance, greetings from NL.

zt7ts7bp6uzhqn9rhypo

Are they going to update this anytime soon? Thinking about switching to Apple instead.

freedllama

Feb 2023 and this STIIIIILLLL isn't an option? wth? What are they doing up there in the Spotify offices? I listened to a podcast that my ex recommended and now I'm reminded of them every time I visit my homepage. I switched to Tidal once before for other reasons but I'm not willing to make the switch again because it's way too much trouble. Spotify is great but if they could just get their s**t together and listen to their PAYING users that would be great.

DoncaPlays

My friend once took my phone when I wasn't looking and played a podcast of a person moaning. It has been in my home screen for almost a year, like wth? I've searched and there's no way to get that off there. Now if someone sees my spotify home screen they might think I actually listened to that stuff. Not acceptable.