Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Sander88

Roughly 4,5 years have passed since this suggestion was made, with over 10k upvotes.

Dear Spotify, we are the people that are paying you, yet you keep pushing things a lot of people do not wish to see.

All that we wish for, is an option to customize the homescreen.

Simple selectionboxes would do the job.

I have no interest in hearing Dutch music, its repulsively bad 99,9% of the time.

I have no interest in seeing recommended podcasts at the TOP of my homescreen.

There are different moments where I wish to listen to different types of music.

I must say that this is something that seems to be working relatively well now.

31rthi4c7b6ngctib4uz

very important feature, Spotify, please, implement!

Emmmanuep92

They won’t implement this because they make money from artists/companies/record labels to place their albums or music on their home screen to  expose it to everyone. Yet we pay for their premium **bleep** service. Elon Musk needs to take over Spotify. 

murberg

This is annoying. It shoud be possible to remove shows your not interested in at all. This feature is irritating me, and we are paying for this service. I see now that Tidal or Apple Music is coming up as a more likely service to use for my family. It´s now time for Spotify to re-consider this, and give a proper answer on what the plan to do.

deeleea

I listen to one podcast via Spotify. One. Because it’s an exclusive. Now my home page is full of podcast recommendations I don’t want. I want to be able to hide podcasts on my home screen altogether. 

no_ticket

Please remove Joe Rogan from my field of vision.

Maelzch

I agree with this, I want all christmas and football nonsense hidden from my app, and there's no way to do this!

mbenak
Hi all,

It is more than obvious that this will never be implemented.
10.000 upvotes and thousands of comments and requests are tiny fraction of
more than 200 million users.
So, Spotify don't care about our opinion.
Sadly, but they make money on promotion of sponsored content, even if we
pay premium subscription.
We have a choice to leave. Or not. This will never change.
Tekniskt

This is so von oben, please give people the power to remove the things they are not interested in.

Zanzoola

Come on, Spotify! Every time I open my client I get smacked in the face with a box that says "**bleep** w/Emily". I cannot fathom that you would require something like that to be on the Your Shows tab with no option to delete it, or delete Your Shows, or just move it elsewhere. I certain my coworkers who walk by think I'm some sort of perv when "**bleep** w/Emily" is one of the primary items on my Spotify.

I'm paying for this? Get it fixed.