Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
surferartchick

It seems like every month my home screen is completely changed. I can't even find the things I listen to often like spotify daily mixes. And now for some reason my home screen is filled full of podcasts which I don't ever listen to on spotify. Where's my music?? Please just let me chose the widgets I want to see on my home screen. 

AdrianoPonteTKD

One of the MOST imporant features that Spotify desperately needs

ferkjl

I'd LOVE to hear back from Spotify about this.  This is, in my opinion, the most needed feature, by far.  It's ALL based on the user's interests, EXCEPT for the most important screen in the app.

ferkjl

Nearing 1000 votes.  I am super curious if Spotify ever chimes in, or how many ideas actually do get picked. 🤔

tolerant_user

It's ridiculous that this requires a feature request.  This would be so easy to provide, and it's obvious enough people would want this that you could just do it.  Develop some empathy for the customer.  Like, if you think we would hate something, don't do it.  And if you think we would like something, do it.

hmiddleton333

To remove or divorce from podcast that got added to my queue because the algorithm placed content to your queue and not being able to remove the content or remove podcast or music that may be stuck on the home screen. It would be nice to setup and edit on all platforms pc to mobile device's.

thomsenkbh

I simply don’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented yet. Let the paying customers customise their Home Screen and stop treating it like a marketing platform. It has an immensely negative impact of my daily usage of the app. And I hate that this idea exists in numerous versions, but Spotify seemingly isn’t willing to address it. The quest for revenue has clearly impacted the user experience. 

leilapelc

Nearly two years later and this is still just an "idea", Spotify? C'mon.

Like many others the first thing I have to do is scroll past shortcuts to get to what I want about time they fixed this

ssmon

I'll add my comments to a thread that seems have been for ever, and probably what I have to said have already been said. 

it is a huge pain that we can not control what we get suggested. yes, i listen to a lot of podcast from 10am to 6pm. I DO NOT WANT A SINGLE PODCAST RECOMMENDATION. I DO want music recommendations. 

First, I look forward for MUSIC recommendations usually in the morning when I am exercising and just want something to play on the background, or at night when cooking or in a road trip. That's when recommendations are great! you look into different stuff, and can move forward until you find the tone and mood you are looking for.

My second point, recommendation for podcast are really hard! following a recommendation for a song or playlist you are only investing a couple of minutes, tops. A podcast, in order to form an opinion, you will have to invest at least 15 minutes. I personally will not follow any podcast recommendations from an algorithm. The recommendations I will follow are from other podcast I listen too, or people I find interesting. I really dont want to invest my time just to try something like that. 

I understand other people might find this method of finding podcast to listen a good method, and that's why it will be great for us to be able to curate what we get suggested in the home screen.