Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
KingWeenis

I also do not want suggestions on my home screen.  I'm old, so none of the suggestions are relevant to me.  I already know what I want to play.  The same goes for the Recently Played list.  I already know what I just played, and I'm probably not ready to hear it again right away.

I just moved over from Google Play since that service is going belly up.  I'm still in my trial month for Spotify Premium, and this is a strike against Spotify's suitability for me.

raymondfdavey

totally agree - i just made a similar suggestion on this forum and they said it was a duplicate and sent me the link to your post so i thought i would come and say i totally agree!!!!!! My favourite features are the discover weekly and release radar (because generally they are informed by music I have actually been listening to, or related to that not - like you say - by spotify's assumptions about the music I might like based on more popular or current tastes) but they are always buried way down the list on my made for you page and it would be soooooo great to be able to customise things to have those and a few of my favourite playlists, or any other good features that come out in the future - on the homepage. It is so odd this hasn't been done as it would be so great so instantly and implimenting a re-ordering function for the rows and then the tiles within the rows wouldn't be that hard.

anyway here's hoping!!!!!!!! 

raymondfdavey

ps also what people choose to customise and which tiles they prefer would be more data and info for the spotify analysts and would help them understand more about what music and features people like. just sayin.....

KingWeenis

I see that a lot of people have been commenting on the unsuitability of the home page for at least a couple of years, but the comments have not yielded any results.  The topic just keeps getting shifted over to more recent threads.  I suspect that the idea exchange is similar to the dummy thermostats that some organizations place in their buildings to give the occupants the illusion of control.  It's a way for people to vent, but it's unlikely to effect any change.  I'm going to also give the Amazon music service a try before I expend much energy on making playlists or getting settled in here.  My primary criterion is access to the widest possible array of music, and Spotify comes close to accomplishing that which still makes it a contender despite some of its interface inflexibility.

ferkjl

Over 1000 votes, Spotify staff.  Wake up !!! 

ListenerLyon

Yes, fully agree. In my case I see playlists at the top of the home page that I'd like to remove, but am unable to do so.

Details :

Subscribed to Premium Family

Using Spotify on Alexa

Anyone can listen to any kind of music on Alexa, and because the initial account paired with Alexa was my own account, I get all kinds of music and playlists on my home page. Not necessarily bad, but not my choice 🙂

Now we have a dedicated "Alexa" account in our Family, but those playlists are still on my Spotify home page.

Asgoret

So...2 years is gone... 1 thousand people vote for this feature and? What's the progress or status of this feature? 

Also, there are some issues in your algorithms. I don't lister some sorts of music. In English, it's filtrated and everything is okay, but in my native language something goes wrong and I see these artists on my home screen.

@Elena ? I don't know how to mention here ;D

ferkjl

1114 votes and counting.  Still no acknowledgement from the Spotify dev team.  On the MOST VISIBLE SCREEN ON THE APP.  

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Jeevaka

Well, it was practically "Not Right Now" for the past 5 years as well. What is new?

Somebody changed the original one to "Inactive" and then this was created. Now this issue is going in the same route.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Set-a-Startup-Page/idi-p/1018308