Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Friend Feed] 'Likes and emojis' to a song/artist a friend is listening to

Similar to at least one idea I saw on this forum,

I thought it would be a cool idea that you could (like instagram live) send a like or an emoji (from a selection) in real time - as your friend is listening to it.

It's a simple addition, that informs your friend their song choice/artist choice/playlist or even album choice is being recognised in a positive manner.

This could happen having an extra tab/button to click that opens up a simple pop up of your choices and then that sends a little discrete pop up to the listener.

See the very poorly created images I made for reference

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.47.00 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.52.33 pm.png

Updated on 2023-04-14

Hey there folks!

We've been keeping an eye on this Idea and we're thrilled it's gotten so many likes 🙂
We're marking it as 'Not right now' as there are no immediate plans for us to implement this but we'd encourage you to continue voting for it! The more likes it gets - the better the chances that it will get looked at again sooner 🙌🏼

Take care & thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's greatly appreciated!

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-02-20

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

SM0KER

Cool idea. Many have already been implemented.

timsons

Add reacts (emojis like in Facebook under a post/keywords "Nice!" "I like it" "Meh" etc.) that describe your reaction to song that friend is currently listening to. For example, in desktop player, the feed that shows up on the right and is changing live - could be added there.
Friend can have the option to not receive them. So it's entirely optional to use - for example people who don't like emojis can turn it off. Possibly a person can see only the ones he reacted to and the ones he received - cannot be viewing any other people's reacts to other people. Respecting privacy.

Bonus: There can be a react statistic on each song (album/playlist in summary). This also is allowed to be viewed. And can be viewed in non-desktop app. The statistics idea may be impractical.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

METALMOTHER

Hey everyone! Let's get a 'LIKE BUTTON' to let friends know we dig their jams! SO many times I want to like a friend's music choice, but can't because there are no thumbs up, heart, or smiley face buttons. Please like this suggestion or reply to it so we can get this moving for Spotify. I wrote them directly, and they told me to talk to all of you. 

Shared interests breed community and positivity. Let's rock n roll!

Slayer Dar \m/

zeem

Hi 👋 My name's Azeem, I'm a product designer that's new to this forum but I've been a general user/fan of Spotify since 2015!

My idea is to have a limited but robust element of user-to-user feedback nested within desktop's friend activity. This would amplify Spotify's native social network ability without compromising its main functionality; audio streaming.

I started building this out to help provide a better case for others who've posted similar ideas in regards to in-app communication—which is something that's been mentioned and debated several times after discontinuation of the inbox feature. If you're interested in my entire process and methodology, you could check it out here!

Otherwise, here's a flow of the final prototype to get a general idea 🤓

And some mockups for better clarity 🙂

hover & drop down.jpg

notification panel.jpg

push notification.jpg

notification screen.jpg

settings.jpg

I'd love to hear what you all think!

dav1dph1l1ip

Fantastic idea. Would love to see a trial of this implemented. I think it can greatly expand spotify.

nabil_issa99

Love this idea, I’ve been thinking about features that Spotify could implement like this to create a more social music enjoyment platform and I think this would be perfect.

Kurrykid

This is fire

Kpeterson813

This is a great way to increase social engagement on Spotify and a way that I think everyone would enjoy. Everyone loves music. Fantastic idea.