Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Friend Feed] 'Likes and emojis' to a song/artist a friend is listening to

Similar to at least one idea I saw on this forum,

I thought it would be a cool idea that you could (like instagram live) send a like or an emoji (from a selection) in real time - as your friend is listening to it.

It's a simple addition, that informs your friend their song choice/artist choice/playlist or even album choice is being recognised in a positive manner.

This could happen having an extra tab/button to click that opens up a simple pop up of your choices and then that sends a little discrete pop up to the listener.

See the very poorly created images I made for reference

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.47.00 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.52.33 pm.png

Updated on 2023-04-14

Hey there folks!

We've been keeping an eye on this Idea and we're thrilled it's gotten so many likes 🙂
We're marking it as 'Not right now' as there are no immediate plans for us to implement this but we'd encourage you to continue voting for it! The more likes it gets - the better the chances that it will get looked at again sooner 🙌🏼

Take care & thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's greatly appreciated!

Comments
chilldani

Love the reaction feature! It provides a fresh way into viewing Spotify as a social platform to interact with others.

angelale3

I love this concept and would absolutely use it!! I always text my friends when I see that they're listening to something interesting, so being able to react within the Spotify app would be so convenient. I think it would bring more users to Spotify if the social aspect was amped up like this 😄

orellana5678

This concept would definitely take Spotify to the next level.

Emmyg123

I love this idea. I would use the feature all the time! I never got to experience the messaging function in the old days of Spotify. The possibility of interacting with the people I see listening to music every day is exciting 🙂 a whole new level of connection 

Jose_M
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-09

Hello @zeem!

I marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this article for more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed.

Have a nice day 🙂

kamaleswar

i think a mini direct message feature among those who follow each other mutually would be a great idea..
this has already been there in spotify's biggest competitor in the middle east, anghami

jamendoza1

Would love the ability to chat with people in Spotify, for example, select someone from Friend Activity and comment on a song they are listening to.  

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

belooo

When I open Spotify on my laptop, I can see what my friends are listening to at the same moment as me. Sometimes it will influence me, other times it doesn't. But for the times where I will listen to the song they are listening to, it would be nice to send them a "great song" or like "thanks for the suggestion" reaction (like an emoji or something). I'm not asking to bring back the chat but just something to interact with our friends on Spotify.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

This is a common use case for myself to discover tracks via friends’ Activity feed. I want to “thank” friend for playing track or for adding track to his/her public playlist so that friend’s activity is appreciated