Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop/Webplayer] - Daily Mix dislike button

Updated on 2020-06-12

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
IHS15

I have done nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to make Spotify think I would like Maroon 5 and Cardi B, and yet there they are. With no way to remove them. As people have said before me, we're paying actual money for this to be a service, what is the point of making it worse?

You know how I found this page? By Googling what the bug was that made the remove button vanish. Genuinely did not think anyone would be stupid enough to remove the remove. Hey, did you enjoy removing it? Yeah, we liked that power too 🙃

deftones22

I love how this is marked as a "New Idea" when it's obviously something Spotify once had and mind-bogglingly chose to remove. Please put it back ASAP (or implement this new, wonderful idea since you've apparently never heard of it) thanks...

cali_golds

Bring back the dislike button!!! It is very frustrating when listening to a Daily mix and all of a sudden you get a completely irreverent song (for example listening to rock and all of a sudden I get some stand-up comedy wth!!!)

I am confused as to why they got rid of it in the first place

JohnnyBRichman

491 votes, do we really have to wait for another 9 votes to make it 500 to FINALLY get attention from developers?!?!

myrdhinn

Okay, Spotify -- this "new idea" has reached the requisite 500 votes. Will you please get your act together and put back the feature you took away from us? This is not rocket science. A playlist made for me should not include songs that I don't want. We originally had the option to remove songs we didn't like from our Daily Mix & Radio playlists. Then for some unknown reason you took that useful feature away. Now the people have spoken: We have followed your protocol and voted to have the 'remove' option reinstated.  Please listen to your customers and give them back what they want. Thank you.

HumanReplicant

I miss the dislike-button, and I would like to see that option return again.
From a users standpoint, I can't see a reason for it to have been removed in the first place?

I want to be able to dislike any song and music artist of my choosing.
So Spotify, -please let me have the power to dislike and block crappy artists and songs again..

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Block-Dislike-button-missing-for-some-songs-and-art...

mhart27

This is not a new idea. The only current option while listening to a bad song is to skip to the end.  This does not make it so I never have to hear it again, in fact Spotify has already marked that I like a particular band, just because I listen to a new band, but mostly skipped through. I really don't like this band, except a couple of their songs, but you punish me for listing to them to see if I like a song?

Thank you,

Matt

Capnmaf

Oof, this shouldn't even be an "idea". Such a simple & integral feature that you'd figure it'd be a no-brainer.

Mezgad

Hey Spotify!

Will this old/new feature be implemented soon again?
Because without it I am really considering to end my premium account, as all the random music features (e.g. the mixtapes, release radar) which i use very frequent, are not fun anymore when i have to skip the same artists/songs i just dislike over and over again.

Also the last reaction was:

Updated on 2019-11-02

After half a year it would be nice to hear at least SOMETHING.

Just reactivate the feature please. Or at least tell us sth new!

BR

Francisco-Reyes

According to this link once an idea reaches 500 votes it will be looked upon and then a decision is made. The exact text is:

The Community team talks with various other Spotify teams several times a month about ideas with over 500 votes (our criteria for being a top idea). It’s from these meetings that we apply one of the following statuses to each idea

This idea now has over 600 votes so when will a decision be made on this feature?