Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover Weekly] View previous Discover Weekly Playlists

The discover weekly feature is excellent, however I was disappointed yesterday to notice that last weeks playlist had disappeared. It would be great to be able to view previous discover weekly playlists. 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-11-03

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
F1roxs
What was the third song in the list from last weeks playlist (w/c 10th August)? Had extended mix or something at the end. Any know??
catchyname

@F1roxs

Your Discover playlist is customed automactically to match music similar to what you listen to already on spotify. So no ones playlist will be the same. So I can't help you I'm afraid. 

NicoleDawn1998

I feel the same way. They should just leave all your Discover Weekly songs in one play lists. I loved my last two previous ones, and now they're all gone....

Cwriggers

Hi all,

New to the forum, but encouraging I'm surrounded my like minded people.

From what I've read here, there are a lot of very creative people who are adept and identifying "workarounds" to what the real issue is, i.e. an archive for the music Spotify has curated for us and we want to keep a hold of. 

I wonder if there's a way of Spotify reminding people that the new Discovery playlist is on it's way and so acts as a prompt to save what you want, and essentially go and discover that music...

Incidentally, if Spotify are reading this, can I ask no more Suede or The Fall in my list? I seem to be getting it on both sides (6 Music are keen I like Bernard Buttler and Mark E Smith) but I just can't...

Thanks everyone!

Imixsound
If I "saved offline" the discover weekly playlist on iPhone, will it save the songs even after the discover weekly playlist changes? Ahhhghhhh this makes me so sad. 😞 I can't seem to find it but I don't know how to listen offline very well.
monkEshine

I like Spotify but this stuff is so obvious why don't they add them?  Like, you know they are keeping a complete log of every song each of us has ever played, when, where, GPS coordinates and all that...  but why they don't let us see that list?  And of course the reason i am here is to try to find previous weekly lists. Ok I am kinda new to Spotify so I didn't even think they would just take a list away after a few days. I mean this is the internet. Who erases anything?  Must have to do with money.

down1nit

DBR247 wrote:

It's not an immediately obvious thing really! Discover Weekly is new and is very good at what it does. Who knew it could be that good though?

There's probably only a few guys/gals working on discover weekly.  Hell, even if there's more, they may not have forseen just how well it worked and kept the featureset small. Let's just keep this thread going so they move it up a cell on their excel spreadsheet or whatever.

SPOTIFY: DISCOVER WEEKLY IS WONDERFUL. We would love an autoplaylist of all the selected songs. 

It could be logged by default, so people who are new to the feature can go back a few weeks too.  The contextual buttons next to the artwork are perfect for a "history..." entry.  Hell, how cool would it be to track your genre preferences based on date? 

"Wow, I guess I listened to a *lot* of terrible synthpop last year."

kakriegs40

Yes I agree 10000% - I spent a long time trying to figure it out because I assumed it was definitely there. I think there should be a way to save it and it would save as "Discover Weekly MM-dd" and even an auto-save option so that you don't need ot worry about it.

My workarounds: saving certain songs to a bigger "Discover Weekly" playlist (this should also be a feature already) and when I forget, going to my recently played tab usually works. 

down1nit

Also, let us delete songs. 🙂

❤️

Snurz

Also, please consider mobile users. I rarely use the Spotify Desktop Client or Web Client. 

Saving a Discover Weekly History should be easy for your iOS (and other platform's) users, too. 

* Saving a complete DW list

* Saving parts of the DW list

* Have a history for the DW list

I feel the pain with people that miss a great DW list since it got overwritten. Mine from last week was just awesome. Great stuff Spotify team!

Thank you.