Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs should show the type of genre it is

Sometimes you discover a certain song that becomes your top 1 favorite and you want more of that specific style, but you don't even have any idea of what genre could it be. It happens me a lot with EDM music, and Rock music, I love so much certain songs but its hard to find a similar one when I don't know what type of genre it is. For example I found "Don't say goodbye" by Alok and the rhythm is the exact style I love to hear in Electronic music but I have not a single clue of what type o genre could it belong to. 

Updated on 2022-04-08

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
OscarDC
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-27

Hello @MEXA_14,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

lilcrosser

I often have this same problem with genres.  I use this website to see what genres a song falls under

https://www.chosic.com/music-genre-finder/

plasticsnakes

I agree it would be nice if songs had different tags for genres/energy levels/etc.  Then you could click on the tags and see all the songs under that tag.

musical1ly

This would be such a great addition as a lot of albums vary slightly in genres/subgenres of their songs and it'd be great to find similar vibe songs from the individual song's genre/subgenre rather than just similar artists

rikverstraete

yes please add this ! Why not let users decide which ordering filters they want to use instead of now : artist-album-date_added_duration, i would use artist (title seperate again would be good too)-genre-year_released-date_added 

all this data is available within spotify, just allow users to use it ! 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-04-08

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Sebax_aka_walker

Tidal and Qobuz give a lot of information, Spoty should also do something about it

godisfractal

This is actually a very challenging proposal.  First, it requires a human to listen to every song and be an expert at categorizing every style of music -- there are hundreds, and few human beings have this sort of innate knowledge.  Secondly, genres can often be very subjective -- is it trance, progressive, edm, etc..?  So the person tagging the song then has to contend with the disagreement of a community, and there will always be people who disagree.  Then you have to contend with artists who disagree with your tagging, or who insist their track is something that it clearly is not.

You could potentially mitigate this by using extremely broad categories, like "Rock", "Electronic", but then the value becomes sort of useless.  

Starting a radio station based on a song or artist works to achieve the same effect as you want -- the ability to know what the genre is, so you can find other similar music.  Well, Spotify already solved that for you with radio stations.

All in all, this sounds like a good idea in theory, but in practice it's quite impractical if not impossible.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Also the albums should have the genre like on apple music

Nikkvfox

Yeahhh, I've been planning to ask the same feature to be released, It would nice if it is come